Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

would you if ya could????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by supersize75k5, Feb 24, 2004.

1. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

I know where aI can get a dirt cheap 4x4, we are talkin about 450.00

just a 74 suburban, rolled over twice and the cab has been choped to death, just the front floor, windshield frame and 2 seats out of a old furd tuarus.

the axels have shavings in em, 12 bolt, d44, 3.73 gears and the 203 is slippin and motor a 350 burns oil and smokes, the thing is basicly a long go cart. This morning we put in a roll bar I had, and a bunper on the front, the radiator and fire wall is all thats up front, just some angle iron to brace it.I know where I can keep it for 30 bucks a month.

it would be fun just to take to the desert and prerunner it and just beat the snot out of it till she gives in.

We made a snorkle too so maby some water crossings are in order, he also hase some tractor tires we could getto rig on to it /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

just wonderin what you think?

He aslo had a geo tracker set up the same, hacked and just braces everywhere and he runs 29 inch tsl's on it..very fun little thing /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I dunno I am calling a few friends to see if they want in on this, we all built it/hacked it over the past summer and had a blast, it would be cheap fun, 5 people it would not cost anything.

we also are getting 2 more seats for it tonight /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

-shawn /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

I don't know about a burb/buggy... How big are these tractor tires we're talking about here?
    /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

So the body is FUBAR, and the drivetrain sucks...and you want to pay good money for it so you can take it out and abuse it?

Give your head a shake Shawn, a maintained truck in good shape breaks often enough off road...how long do you imagine this overpriced, money-sucking roach will last?

Don't you have better things to spend money on?

Don't you have enough trouble keeping a built truck in mobile condition? Last I recalled you seemed to have a particular talent for breaking good parts...I can only imagine how good you'd be at fragging this thing. I'd say that $450 investmant would last less than 5 minutes.

You'd be better off with a Playstation...

Rene

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

it would be fun just to take to the desert and prerunner it and just beat the snot out of it till she gives in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds to me like she already gave in... $450 is way too much money for something like that, FREE sounds like a fair price to me. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

5. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Boy I wish I had money to spend on worthless crap like you do... /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

6. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I just want the 3.73 axles , I only got 3.08's /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

7. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    I know where I can keep it for 30 bucks a month.

[/ QUOTE ] if you make it one ton and give me 3.73 axles you can keep it in my backyard for free /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. supersize75k5

between 5 people it would be less than 100 bucks, I can just skipp a few nights out with the girl and there is the 100 bucks /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I just talked to him again he said he would throw in a pair of 10 bolts anda good 350 block /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif I think his dad is just tired of seeing this "can here the dad yelling in back round" when I call /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

I dunno, my friend chris said if no one gets it he is, I guess I will just bum rides. I am going to go with them right now to go play in their field. "it's muddy"

I left my camera with batman in Kristians car /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif that would have been a great chance for pics /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif maby tommarow. Only thing thsat sucks though is there is some good mud a few miles from his house and some dirt piles but I doubt we would get away with driving it on the street /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

shoot when I sky dived last year that was almoast 160 bucks after the day was over and gas and everything, this last longer that a few seconds..

9. supersize75k5

I dunno thay have about twenty sets all in so-so shape and differt sizes,

front 30 inches all the way up, butthat would make it heavy to go big, the thing drives like a go cart on speed /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

we are going to go in a few minutes, take the shocks off anf get stupid!

..I am bringing my own helmet, we also have a robe and the hood of my 75 that we put a handle on /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

mud skiing /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

10. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Get a clue.
    Quit sniffing glue.

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

"mud skiing"....>WE NEED PICS!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

12. the excuse

the excuse 1/2 ton status

whats mud sking?

13. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    whats mud sking?

[/ QUOTE ]

What Supersize is going to do right before he injures himself in spectacular fashion. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

14. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

you could film it in action and submit it for the next jackass movie.... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    up, butthat would

[/ QUOTE ]

Whaaaaaa...? Butthat?

16. supersize75k5

didnt have my camera it was in kristians car /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I had a blast, just 15 acres of over irrageted dirt /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

we took a seat off an old tractor and bolted it down, I wore 2 pairs of pants, my leather jacket and helmit and gloves and my "rust gogles" I wear when I work on the 83'.

We made a rule to not go obove 45 though,, what flipin fun!!!! you guys will get pics when they irragate the other field next week, his dad didn't mind to much, he even wanted to drive....then he unleashed holy hell on his son!! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

what a blast and no broken bones, and to think I almoast threw away that hood!

we are trying to find a old chevy or jeep hood though, something woth rounder sides so it does not grab the dirt, thats when ya flip, our friend mike literaly was thrown at least 6 feet in the air when we tried a figure 8 /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

And I thought this was fun with a car and my dirt board /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif..ouch /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

anybody in az up for this next thursday? /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

17. supersize75k5

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    up, butthat would

[/ QUOTE ]

Whaaaaaa...? Butthat?

[/ QUOTE ]

up, but that would

/forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif