Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Would you pay $3500??? Yes or No Question

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Dune_Goon, Jul 16, 2001.

1. Dune_Goon

Dune_Goon Registered Member

Ok, here's the deal. I found a 1972 Blazer CST near me (California) and want to know what it's worth. It's got a nice 350 motor with Edelbrock cam, intake and carb., Flowmaster exhaust, Accel HEI Ingnition and runs and sounds sweet. Turbo 350 trans with an NP205 T-case, 12 bolt rearend with a Dana 44 up front. Shifts great and shifts great in the T-case (4 low and high). It's got a 4" Tough Country lift with ALCOA rims and BFG Mud Terrains 33x12.5-15 almost new, also has a $425 tach (if that helps). It needs paint and the rockers, floorboards and other little places have rust. Possibly needs a new front fender, lot's of bondo in it. The body is pretty straight besides that fender. No carpet, stereo, dash pad, heater, AC, and door panels. Has nice aftermarket seats and roll bar. Runs like a champ! Oh almost forgot, it's got a crack in the top going from the bottom lip to the bottom of the side window. I think that's it, please, I need help on this, any response is great. Thanx...

Cameron Gunlock AKA Dune Goon
    addicted2dunes@hotmail.com
    www.Pizmo-Dunez.com

2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Yes...If you still have money left over to fix the some of the probs.

'71 Blazer CST w/ a 400sbc, 4" lift, 36" Supper Swampers, and alot of rust

3. not4show

not4show 1/2 ton status

Make an offer of $2800 to $3000 since it needs some body work. Other than that, it sounds good.

4. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Make the offer for around $3000.00. Then you could buy triaged top.......Dan

5. red75blazer

red75blazer Registered Member

Yes, if that is what you want. Check out how bad the rust is. I have yet to see a 72 Blazer for less than $3k in CA, and most of them don't run very well.
    Good luck.

red75blazer

6. 45acp

45acp 1/2 ton status

I do not care for buying rust.

Ride with pride,
    Bill Hughes

7. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

I agree with 45acp: I don't like rust. It's expensive to fix unless you are a good bodyman or know a good one who will trade work with you.

8. kilomanjaro

kilomanjaro 1/2 ton status

check out the typical problem areas, windshield frame, rocker boxes, and floors, if the windshield frame is rusted out, i say no. if its not, maybe depending on how much of the body needs fixed, BEWARE of bondo, if someone has done crappy work in one place there is an excellent chance it is covering up more problems somewhere else. Good luck.
    kilomanjaro