Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wouldn't Start???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Scott73, Jan 27, 2003.

1. Scott73

Scott73 Registered Member

Wouldn\'t Start???

I went out this morning to start it and it turned over, but never fired(acted like it wasn't getting gas). I went home at lunch and it fired right up. It was about 27 degrees this morning, but last week lows were in the teens and I didn't have any problems. The only diffence was in last week and this week was the amount of gas in the tank. Last week it was almost full and this week around 1/4. Any ideas? Water in the tank, fuel filter, distributor?????
    -'87 350 TBI

2. Dale fan

Dale fan 1/2 ton status

Re: Wouldn\'t Start???

Could be all you mentioned except the distributor shouldn't stop the gas. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Could be the fuel pump going out on you too. Most of the time they just quit but I have seen them be sporadic too. How many miles does it have on it? Most like to crap out around 150 thousand.

3. Krase

Krase Registered Member

Re: Wouldn\'t Start???

My was doing the same thing then died on me in a parking lot--thanks to the advice on here i changed out the control module in the distributor and worked fine, dont know if this will help you but worth a shot, was only 30 at advanced.