Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wouldn't you know it. Just my luck.

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Z3PR, Jan 26, 2006.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

After finally stopping the rattels in the trunk yesterday, my MMATS D200hc quit working this morning. Won't power up. Fuse is good, ground is good, everything is good. I even tried jumping the posi post and lead/remote post with a piece of wire and it still wouldn't power up. So I called MMATS and they said anywhere from $90.00 to $180.00 too repair it. So I guess I'll pull it this afternoon and send it off in the morning.

2. chevyin

chevyin 1/2 ton status

Bummer, sorry man.

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Not that big of a issue, it's served me well for as long as I've owned it. I'm going too sent it in to MMATS Pro Audio for repairs. Last I heard they just swap in a new board. So it'll almost be like a new amp.

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Damn it damn it damn it

Can't find my allen wrenches. Can't loosen the power wires without the allen wrenches.

5. MattK

MattK 1/2 ton status

im gonna guess they aren't on the keyboard:p:

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

LOL, no they're not. Not in the tool box where they're suposta be either. Oh well, I called a friend, and he's bring his over after he gets off work. I'll get it dissconected tonight and and sent off tomorrow morning. I'm already jonesing without my bass, LOL.

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Got it pulled. It's sitting on my desk waiting too be boxed and shipped off in the morning.[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. chevyin

chevyin 1/2 ton status

Ive always had a soft spot in my heart for Mmats amps.

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Me too, that's why I sent it off to MMATS too have them fix it. I heard a rumor that MMATS normally installs a new board instead of dinking around testing each component. I'd be quite happy with that. In my mind, that'd be a new amp in my old shell. Either way, I'll be happy just too have it working again.

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Just talked to Earl at MMATS on the phone, (Nice guy, good customer service in my honest opinion) told him what it's doing/not doing, and he said it'll cost $90.00 for the repair. I can't complain, that pretty cheap too fix it in my opinion.

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

MMATS has my amp. I'm suposta call on monday for the price. Earl is guessing it'll only cost $90.00 for the repair. I hope he's correct. Anyways, I should have it back by this time next week.

12. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Just got off the phone with MMATS. My D200hc is repaired and being shipped out today. Tech said it was just a minor problem. He also did a couple of updates to it. Total cost for the repair was $90.00 . I can't complain, ninty bucks is cheap consittering it is now under warrenty once again. Sence I paid by credit card over the phone, they are NOT charging me any shipping. Each person I talked too was friendly and very helpfull. I give MMATS a big thumbs up for thier customer service.