Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wow, check this out.. BIG truck

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Quaddawg, Jan 31, 2005.

1. Quaddawg

Quaddawg 1/2 ton status

2. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

it dosent matter its a c-50 you dont have toworry about it your not gunna brake it!!!!!

that is a cool truck, strech the frame and bed and use it as a flat bet to tow a blazer on:saweet::saweet::saweet:

thats a cool truch wish i could have it.

3. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Now THATS a 4x4!!!!

Man,I'd love to have that truck!!---it would have been handy during our last blizzard,that thing would plow anything!!..it would make a cool car hauler too!..
    The term "They dont make them like they used too" really applies here--I wish you could still go into a GM dealer and order that truck brand new,in its 1966 style glory!..I think those 60-66 GM's are the best looking trucks they made,the 55-57 "second series" trucks are very cool too,followed by the 67-72's and the 73-87 trucks....:crazy:

4. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

The owner says in the Q&A at the bottom of the ad that he thinks it's a Rockwell. Hard to tell from the pics, though. Whatever it is, it's old.

5. 85burbanator

85burbanator 1/2 ton status

that thing is awesome. id drive it like it is. maybe put a cat diesel in there or something hardcore like that.

6. Quaddawg

Quaddawg 1/2 ton status

This thing has me drooling... I WANT IT.. I am trying to raise the money, but I don't think I have a chance of doing it by auction end... damn... I love this truck!

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Front looks like a GM Deuce and a half axle. Damn I like that thing :D

I swear half the junk and half the cool things on Ebay(truckwise) are in PA, why the hell is that? Not that I should be arguing.

Daily driven since completion. Damn I want it... Put a CD player in there and I'd drive it daily!

8. Quaddawg

Quaddawg 1/2 ton status

I know, it's a little wierd, everytime I find a car/truck/motorcyle...etc that I want, it ends up being in PA... well, I am in OH, so that's ok too....

I am with you, I keep looking at this truck and just going nutz, trying to sell stuff I have too much of... lol.... oh well, I am sure this one will slip away too..

here is another I want!

warning.. 502 alert, drool potential....
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4523481556&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

9. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

That orange Stepside is SWEEET!

10. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

i agree with you 100%. i think the 60-66 trucks are the dead sexy. that truck is so awesome. i love that pto winch in the back. i'd tow a flatbed trailer with my other truck on it

resize1.jpg

resize2.jpg

11. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I've got a 64 GMC 3 ton :) That beastie is much fun to drive! Has the eaton two speed rear, so it comes out to 6 gears with the SM-465 behind the 292 :)

I plan to make a car hauler out of it, it has a big dump box at the moment :D

This isn't a great picture of it, but the best I could get where it is parked in the shop. This is also the worst side of the truck, it got flipped over and landed on this side :crazy: Definitely don't make em like they used to... If you flipped a newer truck on its side like that thing, it'd be a write off, and I bet you can't tell where this truck's damage is other than the missing marker light / scratches :p:

Untitled-1.jpg

12. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Been watching that auction closely since it first came up, hoping it wouldnt get spotted and posted on a forum.....

But from the looks of it, its gonna be out of my price range anyway, oh well.

13. nstarry

nstarry 1/2 ton status

that is the bad a$$:pimp: :pimp1: :pimp:

14. atho

atho 1/2 ton status

That is the truth. I got my detroit'd Eaton axle in PA. One of my 465/205 combos in PA. And just recently a detroit'd 14 bolt in PA.

But anyway back to the truck...I don't know what a 1.5 ton would have used. I know that the 3/4 and 1 ton Napcos used a modified Eaton rearend with closed knuckles and drum brakes. 10-1/8" ring gear, 1.7" axleshafts that neck down to 1.5" w/ 17 splines. Pretty beefy.

15. FMJ

FMJ Registered Member

My dad used to have one of thsoe as a dump truck. Sold it for like 300 bucks a long time ago after it flipped.

16. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Lemme guess, he let the hydraulics down after shutting the truck off, and next time he went for a run, the box lifted up, and flipped the truck on its side when he took a corner?

Thats what happened with mine. There was a boxload of cattle in the back, they were standing near the back of the truck, and the box tilted up as a result, my grandfather took the corner super slow as not to knock any cattle over, and wound up flipping the whole truck over due to the high center of gravity with the box being up. Amazingly enough, no cattle or any of the four people in the seatbelt-less cab were hurt :P

17. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

18. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

If he is positive it has 5.13 gears it most definately is not rockwell axles, those only come in the 6.72 flavor.

Prolly has the military duece closed knuckle front axle.
    Cool lookin rig though.

19. mr_blasto

mr_blasto 1/2 ton status

I dig it

20. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

I love that truck, (Bad ass).