Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wow I had one baddass day today!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by uao85, Nov 11, 2006.

1. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

Well woke up, called the guy in Austin since I was planning on going over there to pick up a rebuilt 700r4 for a smoking deal. Well checked with him and turns out he decided to work and didnt even pull the tranny like we had agreed upon.......I was kinda pissed, but I really didnt want to drive 2 1/2 hours one way anways. So hung out, then went up to the junk yard to exchange the saddle tank I bought a while back for a burb tank since I am swapping to a crew cab later this fall around christmas. Well I was moseying my way through the yard to check out the inventory since I hadnt been there in a few months, plus I had to find a good burb tank. Anyways, I stumble upon a new truck that had been there a week or so...............srw 1 ton k30..........drool...........I was dumbfounded because they never even have 4wd trucks of anything, much less a k30. So I hotfoot back up to the front office to check out the availability of the front d60, it turned out to be available........for $250if I pull it..............needless to say, I then talked him into giving it to me for $200 and him pulling it.....haha..SCORE 1 of the day. On the way home, I stopped by my neighbors house to shoot the **** and see what he was up to, well he is baby sitting a guys original numbers matching concourse restore 1970 chevelle ss ls6 red with white stripes....drool again....beautiful car........he just got all the little bugs worked out and cleaning it up.......we go for a cruise around our neighborhood and he RIPS into this car like no other. This car although factory spec resto ran like a raped ape I kid you not and he really hammered on the car too. Talk about an amazing day, all I could do was smile like an idiot. Awesome day, hey maybe it will get better.

Remington

2. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Nice score on the D60!!!:bow:

My day was pretty good too. Got my truck running and drove it for the first time in 4 months. Still no top on it though...luckily the rain had let up for a little while at the time. I'm still grinning like an idiot. :D

Time to finish up some small details tomorrow.

Rene

4. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

nice score....

5. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Had some left over pizza,and now drinking a Crown and coke. :haha:

6. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

oh yeah and to cap the night off, me and the gf got to watch the new punisher movie, although I dont think she was paying much attention, she was pretty preoccupied, I didnt mind so much though.................:D :D ;) .......

Remington

7. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I went to a bar last night, drank lots of tequilla!! Woke today with a really big headache but last night was fun hitting on older women..lol

8. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

picked up my HP yesterday, so it was a good day. :D