Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wow, I must be popular or something

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Jan 4, 2003.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I've been thinking about getting a better paying job and moving out lately... In the last week, I've gotten three offers /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

#1: I can move in with my loser hippy friend and a couple mutual friends who are very handy if I ever need a vehicle repaired or painted... One of the guys' dad sells auto paint, so I can get it cheap /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

#2: My friend who probably will never have a job unless someone is there to hold his hand the whole time and my other friend who hasn't had a job for more then 8 months and has a habit of hitting something with his car just about every day (but of course is a "very good driver") and wanted to have a slumber party with this freaky guy who worked at the hotel for a few weeks... They want to move out this summer and later on move to Omaha... Figure they'll end up homeless or... something worse that we don't need to discuss...

#3: Tonight I was at Village Inn with my Ex GF and some mutual friends for about three hours, and I was invited to move in with her and our friend Josh... I think this option would be preferable, however it might be akward living with my Ex GF because she still has feelings for me and tells me just about every time we see each other... And of course I go along with the hugging and hand holding while looking for another GF of my own... That could possibly cause some bad feelings, especially if I bring a new girlfriend into the house with the Ex there... Josh is a cool person, I have no complaints, we get along great...

I've already told the people from option #1 that I would go with them, but I'm waiting to hear from my hippy friend again so I can tell him no because I'd probably go nuts...

#2... I don't want to end up homeless... or watching the stuff we needn't discuss here...

#3 seems like it's my best option... or I can find a really good paying job (good luck to me) and live on my own...

Anyway... Just wanted to get this out somewhere where I might get some opinions... or at least have all my options and pros/cons documented somewhere for future reference... /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

2. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Sounds like a tough call...

You could always go for option 4 if things get too complicated. Buy a cheap camp trailer and live in it. If you don't like your neighbors, just tow yourself to another neighborhood. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I've been down those roads of roommates and other people in the home/apartment situations.

I prefer to have privacy now. Don't want all those people in my home. Not at every waking moment nor every single day. They may be nice to have as company, but not as roommates.

If I were you, I would keep searching and find someplace smaller and cheaper for just yourself but with enough room for two people. This way if you find a new GF, you won't regret finding a place that has enough room for her, too. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

First off you NEED NEW FRIENDS! The ones you have described so far sound like losers to me and living with the X and her new BF is out of the question.

Spread your wings and fly away to your own place. If you can't afford it, stick with the parents untill you can. After all a few more months won't make any difference in the scope of things. Or you could do what I did and join the armed forces and get a good start on life.

Just my .02 worth...

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    #2: My friend who probably will never have a job unless someone is there to hold his hand the whole time and my other friend who hasn't had a job for more then 8 months and has a habit of hitting something with his car just about every day (but of course is a "very good driver") and wanted to have a slumber party with this freaky guy who worked at the hotel for a few weeks... They want to move out this summer and later on move to Omaha... Figure they'll end up homeless or... something worse that we don't need to discuss...

[/ QUOTE ] Why do they want to move to Omaha ??? I lived there for years, and can tell you it is a dirty dirty city. Too much dope !!!!!! I had too move away from Omaha to kick my meth habbit. Out in West Omaha (Milard) is nice, but downtown, South Omaha, and North Omaha is dirty.

6. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Get a decent paying job and your own place. You shouldn't depend on someone else like that unless you plan on marrying them...

7. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

I agree with what these other guys said... stay at home until you can afford your own place. Having roommates sucks and it doesn't sound like you're all that thrilled with any of your options. I moved out of my mom's house at 19 because I couldn't wait to get out on my own. Well, ya know what? Being out in the world and on your own isn't all it's cracked up to be. I WISH I would have hung out at my mom's for few more years, saved some money and figured out what I REALLY wanted to do....

Stay at home for now /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

8. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Option 1 and 2 sound bad...when the loser friends dont have monwy, guess who pays the rent?

9. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    #1: I can move in with my loser hippy friend and a couple mutual friends who are very handy if I ever need a vehicle repaired or painted... One of the guys' dad sells auto paint, so I can get it cheap

[/ QUOTE ] Is his last name Renfro? If it is.....tell him I said hello. I buy all my paint from his dad (Rich). In fact, I used to rent a house from his mother (Jane).

10. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I had many different roomates including living with two girls once. Get your own place. Its the only way.

11. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I'm not sure what his name is actually... .....