Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WOW, i now have firefox

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by big83chevy4x4, Jul 29, 2004.

1. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

dam, its like the internet is 10x faster than with IE 6.0.
    why didn't i do it sooner?

i did it because i was getting pissed with IE crashing every so often. and because a couple others said it was better than IE.

it almost seems like my whole computer is faster now. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

2. big83chevy4x4

plus i can chat now /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

3. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Does it look pretty close to IE or what's the diff.?
    I was thinking of doing the same. I heard most spyware etc. doesn't affect it because they are set up to hit IE users?

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Re: WOW, i now have firefox *DELETED*

Post deleted by HarryH3

5. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Wow, that's surprising, especially seeing as how it started as primarily a Linux browser, and Linux has a true, 100% multitasking environment where every process is independent of the others, but now that you mention it I have had several times where I've had 2 firefox windows open for whatever reason (I usually use tabs), and one crashes and both magically close. I guess I just never gave it much thought since it hardly ever crashes. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

6. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

the thing that bites my ass alot, I'll have several tabs open and I'll close the whole damn window instead of hitting the X for just the tab! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

7. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    the thing that bites my ass alot, I'll have several tabs open and I'll close the whole damn window instead of hitting the X for just the tab! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well maybe you should quit doing that. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif You can set the newest version to warn you before you close multiple tabs.

What really sucks is when I try to type a capital W and my pinky hits Control rather than shift. Ctrl+W closes everything! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

8. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

I right click and "open in new window"

9. big83chevy4x4

not sure on the spyware thing, but really the only difference in apperance is the navigation tool bar, icons are different. also the actual viewing area is bigger than IE.

my comp is quite fast, 1.3g processor, 512m DDR ram, 40g harddrive, geforce4 mx440. but its still not fast enough for a game i have /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

i haven't had it crash on me yet, i normally only have 1 open anyway.

10. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Im running about the same comp and firefox and I have billions of windows and tabs open at a time

Hint: Clicking the mouse wheel on a link opens it in a new tab.

That's how I browse CK5, I open a forum in the first tab, and open all the posts in seperate tabs so i don't have to wait for it to reload

11. Bruiser

Bruiser 1/2 ton status

Everyone should stop using IE, it has many security holes and some have come back that were suppose to be fixed. I use Firefox , wife uses opera, both are really cood browsers. For the person who accidently closes browser instead of the tab. You can set it to confirm you want to close all the tabs (it's what I do so I don't do that) .

I like the different skins you can use and the toolbar is more customizable than IE's

12. big83chevy4x4

[ QUOTE ]
    Hint: Clicking the mouse wheel on a link opens it in a new tab.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow a feature i never knew about, i always open new windows. im not that fond of the tab thinggy yet /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

13. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

I like the tabs because I am a big fan of using the keyboard, so I can switch tabs easily with Ctrl+Tab, same as with DeadAIM.

14. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

I just started using firefox this month. I love it.

It has crashed a couple times. Also, there is one page that simply does not display correctly that I HAVE to visit with IE.

I can't wait until they make it a little more stable. It's only version 0.9.2 I think, so when they get to 1.0 it ought to be even better.

Tabbed browsing is the killer feature. I also like the download window better.