Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wow, it never ends - stereo issue.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by badmix, Sep 24, 2006.

1. badmix

badmix 1/2 ton status

now that ive got my water pump, alternater and off road lights and wiring worked out. My stereo decides to get possessed. Here is what it does

When I turn on theCD player or radio for that matter, itll play for a second and then cycle thru to the radio and then off and then on to CD player and then to radio and off. It does this every couple seconds weather im moving or not. And it doesnt matter if truck is running or not. I went thru all my sterero wiring and didnt find anything abnormal. I yanked the radio, kept it hooked up and jiggled all the wiring, check all the power wires and ground, there is no consistancy with what is happening, sometimes I can get a good 30-40seconds of a song and then poof itll shut off, etc. Its a cheap Clarion. Its about 2-3 years old. Im jus wondering if its time to move on and wonder if off roading plays a toll on these things. Its not like im out every weekend banging the truck around.

Anyways, b4 I go an get a new radio, I wanted to post to see if there is anything else I should check b4 moving on.

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Dust , and vibration are bad for any electronic component .

3. obijuan

obijuan 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

put it in a different car real quick see if it still does it

4. obijuan

obijuan 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

put it in a different car real quick see if it still does it

5. fireplug

fireplug 1/2 ton status

I'm guessing it is a flip or removeable face. Clean the connections from head unit to face with alcohol and a soft brush, toothbrush or something.