Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wow, its really snowing

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by TrcksR4ME, Jan 6, 2004.

1. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

I was a little skeptical of the claims of a winter storm coming, but now that I see it do I believe it /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Yes, yes I do /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I wish it would just dump mass amounts /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

I hear ya, thought all the hype would end up being NO snow. Still snowing like crazy here, and blowing...........

Jeff, you still getting ice pellets?

4. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

The National Weather Service just issued a Blizzard warning... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

5. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

snowing like a mad man here /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

6. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Frank, yes still getting ice /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Fact, I went outside a bit ago to look, and 90% of the stuff on the ground here IS ice /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif all 3" of it /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

7. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I was a little skeptical of the claims of a winter storm coming

[/ QUOTE ]

I was skeptical too, so I actually went into work this morning. I realized that I was the only one dumb enough to go into the office so I left. Now, I'm at home and it is snowing like crazy!

/forums/images/graemlins/bewarespam.gif

8. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I ventured out to get donuts and it was snowing pretty hard, real messy on the side streets. Closed some of the hills even. Good times /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif The crappy Isuzu Trooper I hate to drive does really well in the snow though, too bad it doesn't snow more /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. cheyenne10

cheyenne10 Registered Member

Its starting to warm up down to the south here. Streets are starting to sulsh up. Weatehr is supposed to warm up to 50° later this week.
    Then the rivers wil rise with all the lower elev. snow melt.

10. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

keep us posted on the flood watch that will probably hit tommarow.
    my phone has been ringing off the hook all day from my friends in vancouver bragging about all the snow and im very jealous /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

i just wish i could get my truck fixed so i could go play in it. I went out this morning and started it up and blew out 2 freeze plugs and of coarse it has to be the ones behing the motor mounts /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

12. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

I've been drivin the stang to work (50 miles one way) they called me today and said stay home. LOL I was just gonna call em and tell em not to expect me today.
    Brrr... just got in from a pee break. freezin rain now.
    Pipes are hopelessly froze but I have a tub full of snow to melt for the toilet.

13. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

hey ron good to see your still around /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif give me a call some time i lost your number /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

14. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

What realy makes my day though is the morons in all their 4x4s in the ditchs.
    I mean come on, I am in a stang with a tight posi, no chains in the snow and ice and these brainiacs are blowing past me causing me to spin out and crap.
    I get around the corner and what a shock.. they are in a ditch. If I could brake I would stop and laugh at em.
    I suppose they feel that the laws of phsics change if you are in 4 wheel drive.

15. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

Looks like its still doing the ice pellet/ freezing rain thing where im at(122nd and powell) So no school for me again tommorow /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

16. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

I actually got stuck in a snow drift /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif for about two minutes...

17. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

ya i was havin fun in the parking lot at work this morning....doing donuts with the front locked in..ya know monster truck style /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.....exploded a front axle joint /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif....but as luck would have it we only did one job today so i fixed it in the shop at work and then had to play taxi for the rest of the day...i had a great day....a solid 14 inches in graham wher my granny lives /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif...lots of fun there ...just got home and its all turning to slush now and its raining /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif.....

18. speedup

speedup Registered Member

Yeah... I have never been in so much snow in my life. It's like 2-3' of powder on top of ice depending on where you step. My Blazers are both "in progress" and the other two pickups don't have enough ground clearance to make it out of our driveway or down our road. Four 4x4s and I am somehow stuck... Sad, eh?

19. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

Now the real work begins, its going to take forever to get into the blazer... /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

20. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

so whats the new news today do you guys still have any snow coming down? if so lets see some pictures its been years since ive seen some good snow for more than an hour in the portland area. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif