Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wow, just wow.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mikey_d05, Mar 23, 2006.

1. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

2. nad

nad 1/2 ton status

I'm missing the similarity, but that T-shirt is awesome.

3. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

TABC is the biggest POS law enforcement agency in the country, I was a bartender in TX for years and they are jackasses. The only state I know of that has a special police force to deal with achohol.

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

They should start doing undercover stings at the library to see if they can catch people who are trying to educate themselves before they go out into public with information...:doah:

5. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I don't see where the story says they're going after black people? Or am I stupid and naieve in thinking that the police really DON'T target minorities?

6. gauder

gauder Banned

He's talking about big brother. Go after someone before a real crime has even been committed because there is a chance of one being committed.

ie: In the USA, african-americans make up the largest percentage of inmates, so lock'em up while they're young before they can commit a crime.

7. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Virginia has ABC agents, I dont think they are that extreme though...

8. gauder

gauder Banned

What are they compared to ATF? Why 2 departments to cover alcohol? Is it because Texas does everything big? :haha:

9. midnitewarya

midnitewarya Sounds like a problem for future me. Premium Member

I hate Texas.

10. chopped&bobbed77burb

chopped&bobbed77burb 1/2 ton status

That's a BS statement :rolleyes: and it's very racist . They are in Jail because they have commited a crime or many crimes . I had many black freind's when I was in the Army and still have a few now and they will even tell you that this hip hop culture breds the thug wanna be's and It's the stupid ones that are in the joint . And for your first statement , I guess if that was true "big brother" would be coming after all of us gun owners and people with fast cars and motorcycles and the list could go on and on :doah: .

11. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Hey Hey Hey I was in a bar...they THREW me into PUB-LIC, arrest them

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
    drunk people in a bar who'd a thunk it

12. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Every state that I know of has a special agency that regulates alcohol sales and they also have some LEO personnel on board to enforce those laws relating to alcohol.................................

13. gauder

gauder Banned

Simmer down there, I was explaining how I perceived the relationship between the 2 links.

Hmmm, aren't they always after the gun owners, and street racers etc.

Edit: I didn't say that those behind bars didn't deserve to be where they were because they committed a crime. Look at the statistics though, sometimes the truth hurts don't it.

The racial composition of America's prisons remained relatively unchanged. As of Dec. 31, 2003, about 44% of all inmates were black, 35% were white and 19% were Hispanic. Nationally, about 9% of all black males age 25 through 29 were in prison, compared to nearly 3% of Hispanic males and 1% of white males.

14. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

ticketing the establishment for overserving is one thing but arresting someone for being "legally" drunk in a bar is just dumb, now if they are wearing their ass as a hat and acting a fool then I can see that.But to hammer on some poor schmuck for gettin lit and walking outta the bar to get a cab or a ride with a sober driver...Sounds to me like certain places are getting targeted because of complaints of drunken drivers or over serving or to many altercations.