Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wow. N. Korea seems like a great place....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gjk5, Oct 17, 2006.

1. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]From the "News Archives" of the Pyongyang Chronicle.[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]In the last week, Pyongyang has been more busy than usual, due to a stream of refugees arriving from South Korea. Not long after the announcement of the dear leader Kim Jong-Il's plan to increase aid to the impoverished and starving neighbour nation, thousands stormed the demilitarized zone separating North from South. They pushed through the soldiers and began to cry out dear leader's name in joy as they crossed over into freedom. The South Korean army, usually acting on the orders of the imperialist American government which maintains a large armed prescence in the country, often shoots at those trying to cross over into Kim Jong-Il's prosperous Korea. Today was different however, with the soldiers being left completely overwhelmed, and without the deadly guidance of the imperialists, who are too busy committing genocide in Iraq and Afghanistan.:haha: :haha: :haha: [/FONT]

Here's another "News Story"

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Coming to Korean TV is a frightening, never before seen look at what is referred to as the "Auschwitz of America". The program, entitled "Inside The Imperialist Death Camp" shows the Kauai Extermination Facility :haha: located in Kauai, and island of the state of Hawaii. Despite being known as a state of tropical and natural beauty, it is also an island that is stained by the blood of many victims of American imperialism. The camp is completely hidden to the outside world, but some brave people with hidden cameras have given the world unprecented access to these killing fields.[/FONT]

The Kauai Extermination Facility is a known destination for what the imperialists term as their "undesireables". Usually vocal dissidents, especially members of the banned political parties; including the Democratic Party :rolleyes: and the Communist Party. It is also home to a genocide of people of both African and Asian descent.:doah:

This site is friggin hilarious and sad all at the same time. This is what passes for "News" for the poor folks in N. Korea.

Holy hell. I just read a few more of the articles in the archives, so sad. Apparently the guy who killed the Amish girls was a CIA operative.:eek1:

Take a gander:

http://www.pyang.su/10042006-01.htm

Form thier "Ask A Korean!" section:

Posted October 12, 2006 (Juche 95)

[SIZE=-1]Hello[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]I love the website,very well done.Will you be becoming involved in world motor racing? F1 racing? [/SIZE]
    [FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=-1]Mister Hyman[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]
    Dear Mister Hyman[/FONT]
    [FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Thanks for your compliment of our website. We are also quite pleased with the website, and we must give great thanks to our webmaster for designing it for us, posting the articles, and for forwarding all of your mails to us so that we can answer. As for world motor racing, I would say it is unlikely that people from our country would compete in such a thing. The American imperialists would send out their own car to run our people off the track and kill them, so I think for now it is best that we do not participate in that.:haha: :haha: :haha: W ithin Korea though there is lots of motor racing, there is even a large motor track in Pyongyang. I hope one day the American imperialists will be over thrown so we can compete fairly in world motor racing.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]With warmest regards to my dear comrade,[/FONT]
    [FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Kim Min-Hwa
    Citizen of Pyongyang
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][/FONT]
    [FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]
    [/FONT]

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I knew the show "Lost" was based on fact...

3. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

It is. The cast is all those "undesireable" democrats we sent over there. Too bad the fascist imperialists don't let us see the guards gettin it awn with that hot chick. (you know, before they pull out her fingernails and boil her body in oil)

4. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

The really sad part is the people believe it. They've no choice, it what you grew up with, you've heard it your whole life, it is fact to them.
    The biggest problem for us, or anyone wishing the collapse of the North,is now what do you do with all these people, who hate you and believe your the devil.

5. 88sub4x4

88sub4x4 1/2 ton status

Thats the problem we are facing in the "Middle East" right now.

6. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I would say the ME situation is a little different only because that's a matter of ideology and opinion. I think that should DPRK fall the people would immediately see that their neighbors to the South are not in fact starving, and I tend to think that since the majority of the North is starving they already know something ain't right. I think the people of North Korea as the opressed whereas the people of the ME are for the most part fanatics that have a choice and choose to achieve their goals through terrorism and intimidation, and it's not just the leaders either.

7. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Not anything like the propaganda we were fed about all the "killers" that lay in wait to rush the western world from the Eastern Bloc, right? :) (who happen to be some of our strongest allies in the world at the moment)

I'd have to say that political ideaology is a whole lot easier to overcome than hatred based somewhat on religion and the hate of everything that is modern and evolved. Look to Japan or Germany, or even more recently the German reunification. I foresee a collapse of N. Korea to go the same way. These people just want to be with their families across the DMZ and have a "normal" life free from fear. They only do what has to be done to keep their "Democratic Party" from throwing them in jail.

Looks like GJK5 beat me to it. :)

8. scotto0609

scotto0609 1/2 ton status Premium Member

From what I saw (@10 years ago) the people I spoke with are not totally clueless but fiercely patriotic. Our interperters had spent time in canada and the middle east and had a open mind about the west. I will say that is by far the freakest country i ever visited though!!!!:eek1:

9. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

Well, I wouldn't look at it as we're being fed. We have choices. I can go read Die Welt, or BBC, or read a Servicemens blog on how it is where he's at. We're allowed read anything we want and to make intelligent decisions as to what is rhetoric and what is fact.
    N. Koreans are not allowed those choices.. Yeah, alot of them do know what their being told is wrong, but alot of them don't. China's outright stated, they don't want it to collapse, because China would receive (or have to prevent from recieving) the vast majority of the people.
    But your right, way easier to deal with than relgious based beliefs.

10. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Hmmm, let's play question and answer time with the commies...............

11. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

From a business standpoint you could turn the North into a Fat Farm.

Better than Phen-Phen.

12. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

i believe someone suggested a solution for a similar problem before, maybe even for Korea?

13. scotto0609

scotto0609 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Funny you should mention the beer, it was good and it was cheap. Pyongyang beer about 75 cents a pint. Yes it could be had with a kimshee appetizer!!!!