Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

wow, possibly gonna be running the only salveage yard in this area

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by R72K5, May 5, 2003.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

interesting day yet again it was.
    my stepdad informed me earlier tonight that a local towing guy- who has been towing for years and years- is looking to sell several acres of land along with vehicles towed in destined for scrap just outside of town, stepdad is interested in getting his hands on it and another guy thats known for years of customizing chassies for race, etc. might go in on this too maybe, we all gonna do some talking tommorrow evening about all this, and if things go right then id be the one pretty much runnign the show as far as the business aspect of it goes since i am the puter person and i understand what needs and is supposed ot be done as far as records and paper work and licensing and title work and so forth. vehicles are my life and ive been to alot of salveage yards and i always pay attention to operations even if they cant tell that i am,,
    there is not one yard that is for salveage of parts from here to springfield IL and here to bloomington IL, every vehicle towed for junk around here is doomed to be scrapped complete no parts come off cuz no one is licensed to salveage,.
    already is a building and setting in a trailer for office and living quarters on this land and it would be easy to get a trailer in since the towing guy who owns the land currently owns a trailer park and is moving trailers out for junk, there should be a decent one for use as office in the bunch somewhere even after the tornado a couple weeks ago,

hnmmmmmm...

crazy stuff.....
    vehicles and parts have been my life ever since the day i got my license and that was almost 9 years ago now, and i always have thought in the back of my head about some day coming across some land and doing parts biz

should be interesting tommorrow night.

2. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

sweet man...let me know what happens. mayb i can get a few more parts off ya /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

NITRO

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Wow, I really envy you. I mean that genuinely; I would love to run a parts/junk yard.

4. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

BTW, one of your first orders of business; Get a payloader, take off the bucket and put a set of forks on it. Most efficient forklift you can have...

5. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

Beware of the Ecology law's that may/may not have effect on the property.

They've been cracking down everywhere, about oil seepage, into ground water, etc. etc. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Other than that, Cool! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

6. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

So your going to get lots of D60's and sell them to us K5 brothers cheap right. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Good luck with the business.

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I'm not far from there, I'll have to come down and clean you out. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif