Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wow...something I can't really handle...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mikey_d05, Aug 24, 2006.

1. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

My parents got back from vacation today, my dad was a little cranky but nothing big. I was in my room packing to go to school and he walked in and shut the door. He asked me if I'd been smoking. I can't lie to him like that so I admitted it.

Understand, he smoked from 12 years old until sometime when I was very young, quit, and picked it up again this year. I've been on and off for a while and always kept it away from my parents. He gave me the lecture, told me how he originally quit, and said to keep it away from my mom and be more careful if I was gonna continue. Fine, I'm 19 and stubborn, I can handle that.

Then, he went on to say "Damn, this has really been a ****ty year, and this is one of those heartbreakers that just kills a person no matter how you look at it."

I can handle him being pissed off at me to the point that he won't even speak to me, but damn, I can't live with disappointing my old man. :(

2. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Quit smoking. Its a bad habit anyway.

3. nutsthename

nutsthename 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

And stop now. Not when you finish the pack or next week. Don't make excuses. Just quit. It can be done, you just gotta want to.:waytogo:

4. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

It'll stunt your growth[​IMG]

Seriously, don't be a butthead:haha::haha:

5. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

So uh, quit smoking? :dunno:

6. mikey_d05

That's the first time I've smiled since, thanks man, I guess we'll be the only two at Kert's shop not huffin' 'em down from now on.

7. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

easier said than done, unfortunately.

8. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Eh I know what you mean Mikey. Back when I chewed I didnt think twice about hiding it from my parents, Dad has chewed ever since I can remember, and I knew mom would be pissed about it, but she gets pissed over alot of **** I do so eh.

Turned out dad was rather upset I was chewin. I quit...corse im with u in the other end of the nicotine addiction. I do good and quit for about a month or so...then sure as **** i always start back up again. Im down to about 1 or 2 a day. Im tryin to ween myself off them slow this time. Hopefully it works

9. Chaddy

Chaddy 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

You should QUIT! I smoked for 8 years and QUIT cold turky no problem 6 years ago and I now I cant stand to be around cigarettes. I have gotten 3 people to QUIT with me and they are still strong (1 is my wife)

YOU CAN DO IT!!:thumb:

10. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Make that 3...unless your commin tmw night

11. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

A real man governs though that concept. Real men (women) should only be able to be destabilized by people they respect.

12. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

Call him a hypocrite and tell him to **** off. Then quit, those things are bad for you.:haha:

13. mikey_d05

Alright, I feel like I haven't quite given you guys the whole story. I sat down with him for an hour or so and it turns out my dad is the same way.

No matter how much I smoke, that next one always shuts me up, gets rid of the stress, and calms me down. I'm told I appear cold but it's just the way I come off, I get nuts about the stupidest things.

This is gonna be a **** trip of a week fellas, I hope it'll all be worth it. Now I'm gonna go tell Anna and pray for the best.

14. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

I've had my run-in's with my parents (I think I told you about it), but the only way to fix it, is to quit. He may be disappointed now, but the quicker you quit the easier it will be on him.

Hurry up and quit while you can.

15. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Bah! Nothin wrong with smoking. The only thing i dont like about it is I have to shut off the oxygen tank before I light up

16. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

It'll be a hellova lot easier to quit when you ar 19 rather than 40. Get him to quit with you, it may help. You can do it:thumb:

17. K5Greek

K5Greek 1/2 ton status

:haha: :haha:

18. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

My wife and I just quit after me smoking for seventeen years, and her actually a little longer. Hardest thing I've done in my life, and that includes Marine Corps boot camp!! You feel so much better it's amazing. I would really be disappointed if my kids took up smoking,

John