Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WOW! That was fast. RockAuto=Good

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BigBen, Apr 27, 2007.

1. BigBen

BigBen 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I might have just found a new favorite auto parts place:

RockAuto.com

I'm sure many of you already know about them, but Here's what happened:

I had read that the Delco EGR valve is the best replacement on my '95 Yukon. In desparation to get the right part, I had to go to the Dealer for $120.

Yesterday afternoon I google searched the part number and found it for $60 at RockAuto. I ordered it at 2:20 Pm with $4.23 shipping and no tax.

It arrived TODAY at 11:30 AM.

That's a Genuine AC delco part, at about 50% of Dealer resale (Wholesale was $85) and I got it in 22 hours with standard CHEAP shipping.

Needless to say, I'll be returning the Dealer part and using RockAuto in the future.

-Ben

2. boz42

boz42 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

that is sweet, i have heard good things about rockauto, bit never delt w/ them

3. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest

+1 for RockAuto. I've never had any complaints about them.

For future reference, gmpartsdirect.com is also a good source for gennie parts.

4. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

***** for both Rock and GMPD.
    I had to get smog checked, first time since engine swap which also included previous tranny swap from 700R4 to TH350. No lock-up convertor so different vaccuum diagram. I don't respect Chilton books, except they have the vac diagrams:eek1:
    Just went to Rock and fill in the pop-ups; got distributor delay, TVS, etc.
    Passed smog "no problem". Really resonable prices too.
    For the '07, from GMPD I ordered the hood bug deflector and the K skid plates. XLNT.:D

5. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

Also check this out. I'm installing lights and checked to see how much equipment is already in place (2007). Bingo, harness is there. Checked the fuse box, fuse is there, relay not and the blank spot on the dash is there. So I need relay and switch, already have Lightforce 170s.
    Check RockAuto for part numbers and price, cool. Go to GMPartsDirect, enter the numbers, switch; RA $29.79, GMPD $23.57; relay; RA $7.79, GMPD $6.60.
    meh, RA shipping $9.55, GMPD $11.40
    So I saved $5.56, or >10%.
    For the more expensive stuff, this looks like a trick way to go.