Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WOW.... The New GTO Is....

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by bablazer73, Jan 24, 2004.

1. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

A freakin waste of a good name!!
    Was watching car and driver today and they profiled the car. What a waste. JUNK!

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

GM needs a new Big Block car. A nice 455 aluminum motor in an actually nice car would be worthy of the GTO name.

3. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

screw the 455, and stick with true GM motor interchangeability, and use the truck 496 block to build a screamer.. btw, they sold one on barret jackson right after a 1964, they only got 35k for it..

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I caught just that part of the show. What a disappointment! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif From the side and rear it just looks like every other jellybean car on the road...

5. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    From the side and rear it just looks like every other jellybean car on the road...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well put. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

6. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    From the side and rear it just looks like every other jellybean car on the road...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well put. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

well the pt/crusers will live in fear /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

i would just like to see a real car like the RWD impall SS ( the big one was it 2001)

7. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

I think the last big RWD Impala was the mid 90s. The SS's were way cool. I like the new Merc Marauder for the same reason.

8. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I think the Impala SS is one of the best cars of the 90s. Would be a great family vehicle.

9. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

my girlfriend looked at me really weird when i told her that i might sell my truck to buy a mid 90s ss impala or caprice and make a 4 door hotrod..

10. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

slap an LT4 top end kit on there, centrifugal blower and you've got a 500 horsepower monster.

11. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

The GTO will be much better in a few years. This year, IMO, they just slapped together a decent car to get it on the market and up for sale. Trying to fill the void of a RWD V8 musclecar. Over the next few years I feel sure it will start to kick ass and look badass. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

Whoa! Hold On!!!

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

Please don't forget that American Muscle is all but dead. ANYTHING that comes with 345hp and a 6-speed shold be welcomed with open arms!!! I agree that the car itself is not so great... But let's support it to keep the performance that's hiding underneath that Grand Am alive long enough for them to come up with a better car, hopefully another Camaro!!!

I Love the new GTO for what it represents in the change of wind direction for muscle cars: V8 RWD Seat-of-the-Pants performance!!! Screw what it looks like or how comfy it is!!! The orginal GTO was NOT comfy although it did look cool. Please help keep /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif performance alive by supporting all of GM's new and upcoming V8 RWD platforms, including full-sized replacements for the Caprice/Impalas that will compete with the Crown Vic, etc.

Just IMHO. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

13. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

The new GTO is just the Austrailian import of the GM Holden Monaro. Basically a Grand Am with an LS-1

Suppose to have a V8 Bonneville in 2004

14. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

the GTO seems to be a V8 Bonneville to me, looks like one. My mom has a Grand AM, I think that thing with a supercharger on its V6 would be a nice car.

15. 85-454blazer

85-454blazer Registered Member

I have a '96 Dark Cherry Metalic (DCM) That I bought new for sale. It has 47,000 miles on it. It is like new. Daughter starts a $20,000 a year college this summer - need to streamline a bit. Asking $16,500 - worth more, but cars aren't moving. Can send pics and more info. Jerry /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

16. oatsk5

oatsk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

im ready to be flamed but i think turd has the idea wit hthe retro bodies the new 2005 GT i think is trick they also have a concept of the good old bobtail bronco i say tese thing cause i work at turd but i own all bowties /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Gotta agree about Ford. Gm may have the warmed over GTO(Holden)
    But I'm sure the 2005 Mustang will win car of the year. That thing is beautiful.

Personally I would like it if Chevy would just stuff a LT1 in a Monte Carlo. That would be hot.

18. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

It is a rear wheel drive isn't it ??? I thought they said it was. Anyways, weeny looking or not, we need a RWD GM alittle cheeper then the Corvette. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

19. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Ten bucks say they take the GTO and slap some Chevy badges on it with a little different front end treatment and call it the new "CAMARO" in 2005 as a 2006 model. At least I'm hoping for a new Camaro.......just to drop the value on the ones people bought thinking it would never come back /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif