Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wow this guy isn't smart,

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 55Willy, Jul 28, 2006.

1. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I got this email today from a guy I sold my turbo 22 yoda head and turbo to off of craigslist.
    I sold him everything for less then what the turbo goes for on ebay since it was all I pad for it and he wanted it. when he recieved the head he said everything he said all looks good let me just take this to my engine builder to check it out.

3 days later he emails me saying the head is cracked clear through in 5 spots.not just from port to port but cam valley to port to chamber:eek1: he also said and showed pics of 3 bent valves... I know damn well the valves weren't bent. i'v torn apart over 15 motors, I think I can spot problems.

He said he wants some money back since the turbo is junk without the head (not true on a 22re vs 22ret swap) I sent him an email just after reading it saying " what do you want me to do to help?"

weeks go by...

which puts us at todays date.

I get an email stateing that since I failed to reply to him about it that I must have knowingly sent him the bad head. and that since I didn't send him any money that he sent this gem in the email...." I unfortantely have no choice other then to find you by other means and get some money returned."

I just can't believe how much " billy badass" has to flex his muscles when behind a keyboard.

2. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

People make life so hard sometimes eh. I'd just send him another email stating that you did email him (attach the original email if you still have it in your sent items folder) and as you hadn't heard from him you assumed he'd decided to keep it. Then ask him again what he'd like you to do.
    If you're SURE the head was ok, tell him so. He may well have had a cracked head and is using yours and trying to palm you off with his one.
    Good luck.

3. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

thats what I just wrote him word for word.
    and as soon as I saw the pics he sent of the cracked head, my 1st thought was that it was of his old cracked one (reason he wanted mine)

I'm gonna have to start making parts like a junkyard does with a paint pen or something.

4. southernspeed

I'd just forget about him if he doesn't reply with a reasonable response. If he is trying to rip you off , no way will he activly perue it to the point of coming to your house. If he is that stupid just close the door and call the cops. Demanding money with menaces it's called over here!

5. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

just for giggles I typed in his email to find him, he has an ebay account on the same name. I looked over his auctions and it is just car and truck parts. so I'm thinking he was looking to clean em up and resale sell em for top dollar.

Kinda weird that his webshots folder has some screennames from here listed so I'm not releasing any more info on this.

6. southernspeed

Maybe you should PM these people and ask them for their opinion of them?

7. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

I would send him an e-mail stating that you are sure you sold him a clean and working product, that if he has an issue with it small claims court is the answer, and that you believe he is trying to scam you. I would also tell him you are aware of his ebay business and recommend that he remain professional. Then, put a link to the Wenzel thread on Pirate at the bottom and tell him that those who engage in shady business practices usually get what is coming to them.

8. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

karma is a bitch, isnt it?

9. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status