Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WOW WHAT IS THIS NOISE

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mxrcr589, Sep 30, 2003.

1. mxrcr589

mxrcr589 1/2 ton status

alright what is this noise? when i put my truck in reverse and back up , and then put it back in drive, about 50 feet or so driving forward there are big pops, and like the whole truck seens to jump, i really cant tell where it comes from becasue they r so big, i have a 700r4 which doesnt have much more life in it, im hopeing its that , but what else could it be, cuz it only does it after being in reverse, someone told me it could be my auto hubs , but i dont think thats what it is , does anyone what to take a guess?? thanks

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Could be those auto hubs. Sounds like something in the drivetrain for sure. I know when my autos went bad they would try and engage while ai was driving /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Not a good sound.

3. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

well pull the covers off the hubs and pull the springs out and see what happens..

4. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

Easy to check. Just take the hubs out and drive down the street a little ways with no hubs. Just don't drive through any mudpuddles or go a long ways or you could get junk in your wheel bearings.