Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wow!

Discussion in 'The Injection Section' started by southernspeed, Sep 18, 2006.

1. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Take a look at this link Mr. Yeager posted up for me in another thread. Intersting stuff especially for firing a big motor, maybe with a crossfire set up? http://www.dynamicefi.com/

2. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

ok, i'll start a line, you finish it...

If I were to explain this so dummies could under stand it, I'd say...

3. CB77GMC

CB77GMC 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

4. southernspeed

Buy me a beer and I'll tell you all about it! Just kidding :D
    The stock ECM in your truck can't properly handle firing 4 injectors, whether they're in one custom throttle body or in 2TB's like a cross fire set up. So this set up would help to fuel big motors where the stock TB can't handle enough fuel and air.
    It seems from reading their site that it has it's own built in version of ALDL data logging. It can also deal with wide band O2 sensors, power shift lights and I believe has an adjustable rev limiter.
    You can burn chips as usual and use emulators on it.
    It would seem to me that it has all the 'simpleness' of the '7747 but is much more versatile and flexable.
    That make sense? Good, you owe me a beer.:D
    I'm new to all this stuff but I've been doing A LOT of reading at Thirdgen amongst others and I'm slowly getting to grips with it all. It's an uphill struggle but my truck runs good now, even though I know there is room for improvement. My main reason for looking into this EBL set up is that I plan on building a 383. Cross fire would be a good way to fuel it (and trick!) and I think this system would be able to cope with more compression and a bigger cam.
    Just my thoughts!

5. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

Thanks! Next time I'm in england, we'll go to a pub.

6. southernspeed

7. 1979jimmy350

1979jimmy350 1/2 ton status

yea thoes systems are pretty cool, i help a guy on his truck that has EBL and and the data logging end of it alone was a lot better than the stuff that i use let alone the addons that can be done like fans and MAT cabilties, You can mod the stock ecm to run four injectors though you jsut have to replace the drivers in the ecm with new ones

8. ARAMP1

ARAMP1 Aviator Extraordinaire

Very cool, but those 80s crossfire setups had two single throttle body setups and they didn't flow very well. Now, if you are talking an old school crossfire setup with two double throttle bodies, (which I think you are), that would be pretty cool.

Crossfire TBI.jpg

9. southernspeed

Yeah, I think Offenhauser do a crossfire or crossram that uses dual injector TBs. They certainly do a crossfire for carbs that could be adapted! having said that, our trucks have probebly got enough clearance for a tunnel ram which I believe the cross fire is really, just spread sideways instead of up!
    The EBL can also support 8 injectors for TPI which makes it even more versatile.
    I've just recieved mine. You have to make some pin changes and alter the bin even before you run it which I think I can cope with but they said that if I email my current modified bin to them, they'd rip all my current fuel and spark tables and email me back a modified EBL bin which I thought was pretty damn good customer service!
    There's a lot of learning to be done here but it's all interesting stuff.

10. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Dang, you were really serious about getting one of these things! Great to hear it, love to hear your progress and overall impressions after all is said and done! :)

11. southernspeed

Getting one! I've got one...now I just need to make it work!:D
    I'm going away for a few days next week and there's some steep hills near the coast where I'll be so I'll do some more data logging and emulating to get my current bin pretty much as I need it then either transfer all the tables to the EBL or send it to BobR and get him to rip it and email it back.
    When I've done that and figured out the pin changes and other setting I have to change :confused: .....I'll start running with it and see what it's like. They really rave about it over on Thirdgen. The fact that the VE tables are full tables rather than just to 3500rpm, and that you can run an IAT sensor have to be good.
    We'll see.....! I've spent sooo much on this rig over the last year that a few hundred extra bucks won't hurt!:D

12. dyeager535

Just remind yourself its a hobby you enjoy! Lot worse things to spend money on. :)

13. southernspeed

Yep, everytime I rip the skin off my knuckles, bang my head , get dirt in my eyes or get my credit card statement I think......I love this hobby!:D

14. dyeager535

I realized awhile back that I HATE working on vehicles...enjoy bench-wrenching, but really love when the work is all done and it works right! Everything in between sucks lol.

That's what I think is so fun about the computer stuff in the vehicles. You can make changes fairly easily, and see your changes right off the bat, and fairly easy to quantify. So much of the work on vehicles is hard to see the difference you've actually made.

15. southernspeed

I gotta agree, changing the fueling with an emulator without even getting out of the truck sure beats the hell out of changing jets on a Holley with fuel pouring over a hot motor, busting your knees on the slam panel and getting a pain in the neck, let alone smelling of fuel for hours!

But wait.......maybe I'm just getting old!!!!!

16. dyeager535

Yeah, I should clarify I guess. I do miss working on my truck, but that's only 'cause I've not seen it for almost a year. I can tell you right now, I enjoy sitting in front of a monitor making spark and fueling changes more than climbing (sometimes falling lol) in and out of the engine bay 30 times. :)

So with the EBL, you mention sending the .bin to them, that basically is converting your .bin into something the EBL can use?

17. southernspeed

Yeah, the EBL .bin is more complex than the '7747 .bin. Some different functions and fuller spark and fuel tables I believe. It also has provision for NO2 arm and shift light anongst other stuff. I'm looking forward to having a play with it after my holiday next week (when I'll be getting some data logging done....well, I've got no internet access where I'm going so I may as well put the laptop to good use.........she'll understand!:D )

18. southernspeed

As I've said here and on other threads, I want a high idle bump for OBA use. I thought I'd share with you an email I had from BobR regarding this. I think this shows how dedicated he is to his product (EBL ecu) and how 'into' the prom stuff he is.
    Mark,

I am hoping you had fun on the holiday. When you return with a better
    tune/BIN we will convert it to the EBL BIN for you.

As for the idle bump for on-board air. After looking at it we are
    going to add a separate function. Pin B9 on the ECM is currently
    un-used. The ECM code will be set up to have a separate desired idle
    RPM based on the B9 pin input. If the pin is left open the ECM will
    control the idle speed as it always has.

When pin B9 is grounded the ECM will go to a different idle speed. The
    idle speed will be user programmable. It will take a few days to do
    the code and test it. Should be ready by the time you return.

Regards,

BobR.

This is really good news and just what I've been looking for. Now I can programme an idle bump of maybe 1500rpm?? and keep the York at a good CFM.
    I'm going away tonight and will hopefully get all this sorted with BobR next week. Now that's what I call customer service!!:D

19. dyeager535

Hmm, wonder why I like injection so much? :) Great news, and really glad that some are so dedicated to customer service. When all is said and done, I'm sure you'll post up how cool it is.

20. southernspeed

Latest update. After I told BobR that I wanted an idle bump for OBA he has written it into the .bin and told me how to wire it. He has emailed back a whole new .bin with my tables converted to EBL and all the other associated stuff to replace my original purchase. Customer service at it's best. I need to set up my WB o2 to help with VE learn although this can be done from BLM. VE learn is going to make getting fueling right sooo easy.
    I'll post up again when it's up and running. May not be for a few weeks, depends on work here!