Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

wow

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by K5-newf, Jan 7, 2007.

1. K5-newf

K5-newf 1/2 ton status

2. sunnyc123abc

sunnyc123abc 1/2 ton status

3. k30bb468

k30bb468 1/2 ton status Premium Member

And my wife thinks I'm a packrat :D

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

4. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

For the most part, looks like a lot of delapitated junk to me.

5. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

There was one similar to that a while back on eBay. Alot more realistically priced though, I think it sold for $150k or so.

6. Brians89K5

Brians89K5 1/2 ton status

oh my god.... thats amazingly expensive.... But theres some nice stuff there... Now where's my extra mill five that I have laying around....

~Brian

7. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

It's not delapidated, it's a veritable collection of ultra rare vintage Hi-po parts and cars. Estimated that there are over 2 million parts involved in the auction. Check out the magazine coverage at the bottom of the posted pics...

I think if a guy had the time and $2 mill to put up front he could make a ton on that stuff.

Rene

8. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

If a guy had $2 mil to front, he wouldn't need the job.

9. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

holy ****! :eek: :eek: :eek:

10. koldsimer

koldsimer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I was wondering just how much one could make off that stuff. Some of those parts are extremely rare and they fetch top dollar from collectors. I loved his suggestion to buy it for someone and make them earn their money rather than just give them a couple million.

11. rjfguitar

Maybe, but just looks like a collection of a bunch of old iron heads, intakes, and blocks. Most of which, are likely junk besides the people looking to rebuild a complete factory original vehicle with performance as a second hand important item. Most of the blocks and what not are probably not worth much, as most vintage blocks are a dime a dozen. There are only a handfull of different engines that are really worth much.

Granted, I'm not a classic car restoration guy, and wouldn't hardly give a second glance at most of that stuff as I am more of a "restification" guy and would use late model heads, etc. that is much better than old iron like that, but I highly doubt there is 1.5 mill worth of stuff there. I mean some stuff that was worth something years back are now basically scrap iron, look at Fuelie heads. You can get a set of factory Vortecs that will out flow them. I could definantly see a lot of the interior parts worth some money, as that is completely different as far as value vs. old engine tech that is easily advanced.

Regardless, I just don't think there is 1.5 mill worth of stuff, thats all.

12. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

the stuff that might be complete junk could easily be sold as cores. figure each motor core as $300 or so depending where u go, finding the right buyer you could make a ton.

so guys, how many members we got on here? everybody chip in an equal amount and we will all split the profits ;)

13. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

A block that is the proper date for a restore project will go for big money as long as it is not cracked. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. For your average guy it prolly is not worth much but for someone looking for an engine that was produced the same time as the car they are "restoring" it is very important. I work with a guy who does this (civilian) and he dumps big money for little things. He spent $2500 for a correct date 302 long block for his 69 Camaro:D.

Ira

14. K5-newf

K5-newf 1/2 ton status

theres tons of stuff there to make all your money back (rims , center console, 4 speed setups , grils ) theres 69 caprice 427 4 speed car.
    Its only worth money to the write buyer.

15. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

BINGO.

16. rjfguitar

So the question is what the most valuable stuff actually is? I'd guess interior parts. It seems I see OEM interior parts be hot commodites at swap meets.

17. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

probably not, properly date coded engines, transmisions, and rear axles are VERY hot commodities for factory restorers.

18. smalltowncowboy

smalltowncowboy 1/2 ton status

all i have to say is my wife better not complain about my trucks lmao

19. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

That's the bingo. Add to that, also at the right time. The right buyer at the right time.

As far as all the small parts go, they are all used, and as such, are subject to condition. I know guys that restore rare cars, they look for NOS parts, or almost perfect condition used parts. Looking at the way those parts are stored and cared for, I don't think many of them would be of the top dollar value. Mostly driver condition stuff there.

It would take a lifetime to get your money back.

Just MHO, of course. :D

20. mr.smartass

mr.smartass 1 ton status Premium Member

better idea...

How many members do we have here? If we just all chipped in and robbed the guy and split the profits we'd come out even better! A few steaks marinated in antifreeze for the dogs and a gun and a rope for the old man, we're in business fellas! We could even move in! I call top bunk, next to the pile of old water pumps!