Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wrangler MT/R's

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BMR, Jul 9, 2002.

1. BMR

BMR 1/2 ton status

Wrangler MT/R\'s

I'm looking on buying the MT/R's, but trying to get more info. Anyone running these? Good, bad, quilities off-road/highway?? Worth the money?

2. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

Re: Wrangler MT/R\'s

i like mine a lot . good in sand aired down of course . good in the rocks . and quiet on the fwy . i got a BIG gash in my sidewall and it is like a 1/4 inch deep and it didnt go through , if it had been a bfg it woulda popped . pics in my sig link/devils canyon album .

3. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

i have the 37" mtr's...i love em...they have damn good traction on everything i have been on...snow, sand, rocks, and mud...i think that about covers everything...i am on my 2nd set of mtr's since last october but i drive alot!...and since i have the locker in the rear now it is just grinding the tread off quick..but not the tires fault...i will most defentaly buy another set...i would like to go bigger but since they arent made i guess ill just have to settle for the 37" /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

4. GDBlazerFun

GDBlazerFun Registered Member

There is another thread about MT/R's vs. BFG MT's

Under the heading of Tires?

5. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

my comment...too rich for my blood priced them here at $180 for 33's and $220 for 35s thats per tire!! Going with mud rovers probably. If you can afford them MTR's are Bad AZZ!

6. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

7. BMR

BMR 1/2 ton status

So far I've read nothing negative about them, minus the price. But if they are worth it, you get what you pay for.

8. bUrLyBlAzEr89

bUrLyBlAzEr89 Registered Member

my friend has them and so far he says in the dunes he likes his bf muds better

9. fad2blk99

fad2blk99 1/2 ton status

Dude... you gotta check out the internet sites... Like National Tire and Wheel or Tyres International. National has served me quite well, and I'll be using them again when I get my 35" BFG MT/KM's. I bought 32" Uni MT's from them, had 'em mounted and balanced at a local tire store, and still beat the lowest local quote by $200, shipping and all! To top it all off -- My uncle owns a tire store down south so I can get most of my tires at cost, but National still beats him by a few bucks!

10. 85m1009

85m1009 1/2 ton status

I just purchased a set of 37's from Discount Tire and they were 191 shipped to my door and showed up in 3 days. I have yet to try them off road but they are fantastic on the highway. I did not know my truck handled that well and I can actually hear my radio, for two years I thought it did not work. I also purchased the road hazard warranty for an extra 100. They will replace the tires due to damage until the tread is 3/32". That might come in handy. I prefer the highway drive characteristics over BFG's and most definately over boggers. My .02 /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

11. Jersey

Jersey 1/2 ton status

awesome tire. have the 35x12.50x15's on my K2500 and the 35x12.50x16.5's on my K5. Both cost me about the same - $825 w/mount, balance, stem and get rid of old. Different trucks but i'm liking the MT/R's better. seem quieter on the road even with a more aggressive pattern. good siping.

- Jersey

12. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

I have the 33x12.5 mtrs. Great tire for just about any terrain.

13. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

14. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status