Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

wrecked it today, not my fault and not too bad.....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Bone85K5, Jul 14, 2000.

1. Bone85K5

Bone85K5 1/2 ton status

But, still first wreck I have ever had in this K5. Was coming down a hill in dowtown area when a car in fron of me was stoping and turning. I stopped with plenty of room and time but the Dodge Daytona didnt seem to want to. This lady locked up the brakes and slid right into the rear. Smashed my Hitch Hall and deted the bumbper slighlt.
    Here is the best part, she got in it with the cop and tried to say it was my fault for stoping too fast... ummm if my big ass truck can stop why couldnt her's is all I said. THe cop agreed with me but she kepy bitching... "well if I had a witness her this would be different, you to (me and the cop) are trying to gang up on me" Well, the cop took that as an insult and said "I know what you are trying to say and its not going to work, and if you dont agree Ill write you a ticket for following to close and you can see the judge." (btw, she meant me and the cop who was white also was ganging up against her, she was black) Well, she kept bitching so the cop wrote her a ticket. What a dumbass....

Estimate from the body shop for me, $872.55. New bumper, bracket, hitch haul and labor... pretty sweet.

WWW.BenjaminBon.Coloradok5.com

BBone 85'K5
    Wilderness Roof Rack in the winter, Skyler in the summer...

2. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

she has to pay right.

[​IMG]Go prepared

I have a Shotgun a Rifle and a 4WD(K5) and Country Boy Can Survive!!!!

3. Bone85K5

Bone85K5 1/2 ton status

She better. We will go to court, its her fault so the judge will make her insurance pay for it and pay the court something for wasting their time since it could have been handled out of court..

BBone 85'K5

4. Cua757

Cua757 Registered Member

Well, if she was driving a Daytona, she should have been able to stop in a much shorter distance than a full size K5. The fact that she hit you means that she was following too close and didn't or couldn't react in time. Or she might just be one of those stupid F'ing people that doesn't maintain her vehicle and her brakes were worn and ineffective. -Either way, it sounds like her fault. I hope she is the one paying for the repairs.

Ever Been Dirty Rotten Filthy Stinkin' Stuck?

5. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I've learned that sometimes you gotta your darn mouth shut!

YEEEEE HAWWWWW[​IMG]

6. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I am glad your not hurt! There was a serious wreck that resulted in a death here...a person was traveling way to close, and the person in front of her stopped at a stop sign (with his wheels turned toward the right) and she was going about 55...she must have been looking at the lines or the trees, because she plowed right into him...his car went right and to counter that he turned left and did a 180and hit a lady in a tiny geo metro and killed her...i can't believe the lady that hit the guy in the pickup said it was the guys fault for stopping at the stop sign to fast...just a story...

<font color=blue>If its too loud, your too old.</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>Cameron</font color=red> <font color=green>Burnett</font color=green>

7. loudandproud

loudandproud 1/2 ton status

People always seem to blame other people for the things they do. Its never their fault. Whats the deal with that???

8. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

It is a way of dealing with the guilt for doing something they know was wrong....

9. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

they just dont want to take responablty for there actions

[​IMG]Go prepared

10. Bone85K5

Bone85K5 1/2 ton status

All this lady kept telling the cop was that I stoped "all at once" and there was nothing to do because it all happened at once. I think she was born dumb or something...

BBone 85'K5

11. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

3 Ton K5s DO NOT stop "all at once" she wont win

[​IMG]Go prepared

12. JimmyDie6.2

JimmyDie6.2 1/2 ton status

In NY where I hail from you must have "control of your car at all times", so if you rearend someone its your fault. no questions asked.
    Here's a good story.... I'm sitting at a red light one fine day, right behind a brandy new caddy. So I'm minding my own business in my 81 3/4 ton suburban talking to my girlfriend, so the light turns green and the woman in front of me puts her car in reverse and slams into the front of my truck.....I'm like stunned thinking what a super Ahole. (we figured the genius put the car in park, then put it in reverse instead of drive). I get out and check my truck, its fine, you know all the rust is intact, not even a scratch. So she gets out (this old bag) Screaming you hit my car. (I have a very short temper by the way). So I start laughing (I'm like blow it out your ass lady) you reversed into me. So her old spent husband gets out of the car, he's yelling I'm gonna sue you, )I'm like FU. I start really getting pissed because all the lights on the plastic caddy are cracked or smashed and there are scratches everywhere and i'm not paying. So I'm ready to punch a hole through the old geisers chest and low and behold an off duty cop shows up calls the precinct,says he saw the accident and wants to give the old retard a breathalizer. I was laughing all freakin day. they gave the idiot a ticket for reckless driving. (It didn't hurt that my girls old man was a retired captain of police). JS

13. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I was at a drive i donut place one time(no im not a cop) and some lady ran into the back of my Blazer with her like '82 corolla. It knocked off some paint from my trailer hitch but I had the ball on and it completely destroyed the fron of her car the radiator and everything. Then she said I backed up into and started yelling in Chinese or something. She finally gave me $50 to fix the trailer hitch but I went to Autozone and got some spray paint and painted over the whole hitch and it looks awesome.

90K5

14. JimmyDie6.2

JimmyDie6.2 1/2 ton status

so many aholes, so few bullets....... I think i'm going to make bumperstickers that say that.

15. nyyef

nyyef 1/2 ton status

i agree with jimmydie6.2.

Knife.

16. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

$872! That's a lot!

The only time my Blazer was rear-ended it was parked in front of my house (The sob ran away). The bumper was slightly bent and broke the tail lamp. Nothing big. His truck must have been severely damaged because he left pieces of the bumper and fender flares on the pavement.

The problem came when I tried to move the Blazer! The tranny was broken! It was about $600 to fix that tranny!! And we had to pay for that! Too bad I didn't know Summitracing at that time or I would have ordered a new tranny.

<font color=blue>//////
    http://blazer79.coloradok5.com
    </font color=blue>[​IMG]

17. CruisinK5

CruisinK5 1/2 ton status

I am with yall on this. There are some freakin morons on the roads these days. I mean I guess any of us could get caught off guard one day and not stop in time, but at least have the guts to admit it is your fault. Nothing pisses me off more than someone who blames others for their own mistakes. There is an upside to other people hitting. You usually get a lot of money from their insurance company to fix a minor problem that can be done for half the price.

"Have you driven over a ford lately?"

18. J.R.

J.R. Guest

i had a guy back into my wifes car, it damaged the left rear door. the body shop said they would need to replace the outer door skin. they said the cost was $1200. by the time we were done there ins. co. gave me a check for $1750. then i took it to a friend who said he will repair it for $350. make the insurance co. pay you for a rental car while yours is being fixed, and get the good car not the economy. just because they give you the money for a rental dosent mean you have to get one. also your time and troubles for this is worth a few bucks. good luck

BIGBLOCK MAN

19. Bone85K5

Bone85K5 1/2 ton status

Teh estimate I got rigth after the wreck reads a as follows:
    New rear bumper $417.70
    Rear bumper brace $32.60
    New Bumper Deflector $32.50
    Refinish the rear bumper dewflector .7 hrs
    Trailer Hitch repair 4.0hrs
    Rear Utility Rack (hitch haul) $149.95

$32.00 hour labor about 10 or so hours and tax is $872.55

I havent done anything yet. I wil of course wait for the police report and see whaat her insurance company says.
    A rental would be a thought, espically since I will be traveling to start my clinical rotation.I am in Physical Therapy Assist. school and s few Dollars saved on gas would be nice. But damn, arent cars small??? I am 6'5 and dont like riding or driving in anything smaller than what I have.

BBone 85'K5

20. J.R.

J.R. Guest

i know what you mean,im 6"10" 310lbs., when i have to ride in my wifes corsica i fell like im in a coffin!!!

BIGBLOCK MAN