Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wrecked my K5 today

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by claw77, Jan 16, 2003.

1. claw77

claw77 Registered Member

I don't post here too often (read daily, though). Anyway,
    I was pulling into our daycare today just as my brakes went out and the pedal went to the floor. I wound up plowing my 77 K5 into their van. It didn't do anything to the K5 but it demolished the back hatch, bumper and tailights on the van.
    Now I feel absolutely terrible for them and my wife is demanding I sell the K5. A bad day all around.

2. BLZN4FN

BLZN4FN 1/2 ton status

Sorry to hear about the damage /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    Just get the brakes fixed and tell the wife
    they should not have parked the van there and
    it's there fault /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif also tell her keeping the
    K5 is a hell of a lot cheaper than a new truck payment.
    Good luck,
    Bo

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. JimmyJuneau

JimmyJuneau 1/2 ton status

plus she didnt even see the benifit of haing the K5. As you stated it didnt do anyhting to your truck so it is abviously a safe vehicle to have instead of one of those vans!

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

damn that sucks glad you only hit there van at a day care it could have been worse /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

5. evilandangry

evilandangry 1/2 ton status

DONT SELL THE K5!!!!!! just think what would have happened to you it you had been driving a lesser vehicle. You could have been killed, YOUR CHILDREN COULD HAVE BEEN KILLED! Dear God please think of the children!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

6. claw77

claw77 Registered Member

Thanks for the replies. The K5 is a tank. I'll give the wife a few days and as long as I don't haul the kids in it for awhile I should be able to keep my toy. I'm sure the ol' insurance will increase though.

7. SCOTTS_4X

SCOTTS_4X 1/2 ton status

call and get an estimate for insuring a new rig...then add the new payment...then let her think about it /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

8. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

well if it's any condolance- I had my rear break lines blow this past fall- mine's an 86, so if yours made it till now and its a 77 your 9 years better off than I am!

On a note though- luckily when mine went I still had front breaks, granted, it didn't stop very well, but it did stop.

Brandy

9. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Well I think that if he had a little more room and pumped the brakes he would have stopped but sometimes you assume you have good brakes and you cut it too close and you get in trouble.
    I learned not to do that after so many failiures in different parts.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

Yah I learned that lesson back when I was driving a car, right after I bumped my dad's new Camry while it was on jackstands in the driveway. I swear I've never been more scared when I saw that thing start to move /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Luckily it didn't fall, just rocked a little, and he never noticed the dent /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

My rear brakeline got a leak in it somehow last summer, brakes hardly worked at all, but it was easily fixed

12. purple76pearl

purple76pearl 1/2 ton status

if she thinks the k5 is a bad rig, tell her ill trade ya a van for it /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif good luck with the wife, just tell her its the k5 or die, lol thats what i told mine, i miss her but i still have fun in the k5 lol, true story /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif