Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wrecked my truck and tow dolly

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blaze, Jan 6, 2003.

1. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Well, what a Saturday I had. I was driving down Capital Blvd in Raleigh (really busy road for you non-Raleighites) and as I'm going straight through an intersection, the guy in the left-turn lane decides he wants to go straight. He pulls right in front of me! I managed to almost miss him with the truck(his rearview mirror scratched down the side and flattened my chrome and scratched the paint) but then the tow dolly smashed into him at 45 mph. I didn't even have time to hit the brakes. The tow dolly is destroyed, tongue is bent, fender is destroyed, rim is all bent to hell, axle is bent, etc. He's paying for it all out of his pocket, so I'm hoping he has the money or I'm going to have to sue, which I don't want to do. What an exciting Saturday.
    /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

that sucks /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif but at least your truck was not hurt bad /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

3. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Yeah, glad the truck wasn't hurt badly, but the dolly was part of my business and I can't get any cars till I get it replaced! Here's a link to the dolly's damage:

Tow Dolly Damage

4. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Wow, that sucks. On the bright side, you'll be getting a new dolly soon.

5. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Yeah, or take the cash and upgrade to a trailer with a little more of my money added in. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

6. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Good luck getting your money. Seems like those deal always go bad. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

7. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Yes Capital Rd. is a female dog. My sister lives up there and also attended Peace College, so I had to go see her a bunch (ALL GIRLS SCHOOL!!! ) Glad to hear almost everything is in good order.

8. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Yep, I know what you mean. My sister went to Meredith College in Raleigh, another all girls school. I went up there a lot, too! (Before I met my wife, that is....)