Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

wrecked the blazer

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by foxman, Jul 23, 2003.

1. foxman

foxman 1/2 ton status

Oct 22, 2001
    Well, I guess those rear brakes don't stop the truck as quick as I thought. Coming home from the Skynyrd concert last night some desil Mopar locked them up in front of me and I had no choice but to follow suit, but CRUNCH!! Wow it was like bumper cars I swear. any how I Really liked the K5 it was the most reliable all purpose ride I've ever had. The guy I hit had a huge long trailor hitch and it pierced right through thr grill and radiator, the bumper, drivers fender, hood and windshield are all shot. I didn't even pop the hood, because I'm pretty sure the latch isn't going to close afterwards. I know my fan is eating my radiator though...

Before the accident, the K5 was still in need of a motor, new rear end, and a paint job/body work, and the tailgate was useless.

I need to decide what to do with her, I'd like to trade her in for one in decent shape. I really like the reliability of the tbi motor. Every time I turned the key, weather 100 degrees or 0 degrees, it still started.

The truck is 60 miles away from my home, where I would be able to work on it I don't know if a tow would be worth it...

What would YOU do?

anybody got a K5 that need's what is still good on mine?

I cannot part it out, but if someone would but the whole lot from me and use what is needed, or sell me their ride to me that needs what I have, I think I would be a happy clam... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

The truck is located in lake orion MI and I live little north of Detroit.. I have to move it soon...

2. Blazn88

Blazn88 Registered Member

Dec 11, 2002
    I know how you feel man and it sucks...A few years back, I had a furd run a stop sign in front of me. I t-boned the bastard and totally demolished his truck(left his rear d/s wheel rolling down the hill), but it did a pretty good number on my Blazer as well (crunched the front end-pushed the engine back a little-bent the frame in 8 different spots)...Really pissed me off, but I got my new /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif out of it...You just gotta roll with the punches and start over.... /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif
  3. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

Jul 26, 2000
    There's a nice '90 for sale up here in Saginaw for 4 or 5k. 6 or 8" lift, 383 stroker and dual air lockers. Bad news is that it has 35's, 1/2-ton axles and a carb. Everybody keeps asking me if I'm selling my truck because it is the same color scheme as mine (Blue/Silver).