Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wrecker Magnet Lights

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by Hossbaby50, Apr 20, 2005.

1. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Does anyone have a set of magnet mount wrecker lights. You know, the ones that wreckers use to plop on the roof of cars while they are in tow so they have brake lights.

If you do how do they connect? Do they just plug into a trailer hitch lighting setup?

I need to borrow a set if possible for the weekend of May 15th. I can send them back to you with my parents or UPS or whatever. Thanks

Harley

2. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

may not be the answer you are looking for, but wal-mart sells them for 49.95; they plug into a regular flat 4 wire plug for towing :)

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

If i can't find any to borrow I think that is the answer. Otherwise I gotta jerry rig up some stuff to work. That is worth the price if they are of a half way decent quality.

Harley

4. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

Harley,

You are towing your Blazer, right? Why don't you tap in to your tailight wiring at the firewall and run a wire to yout tow vehicle for lights? My brother did that years ago on a truck he towed behind his motorhome, and used a flat 4 connector on the wires, and unplugged the truck harness and plugged in the extension harness from the motorhome. Just a thought.

5. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I have a set you are welcome to use. They do not have wiring on them, but you can score a spool of the four wire trailer harness for small dollars and wire them up pretty quick. Let me know.

6. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

Harley, I think I have the wire you need.

7. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I have a set on plastic flaps. The plastic flap can be shut in a car truck or suv window, rear door, etc. The flap could also be ty-wraped to a roll bar,etc. I could throw them in to square our deal if it works for you. They have plenty of wire and a 4pin connector.
    Mark