Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

wrinkle in tires??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 85mudblazin, May 10, 2004.

1. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

I have 35" pro comp M/TS and I was looking over the truck today and I noticed that all 4 tires have wrinkles in them, they are about 1in wide and there are about 3 or 4 wrinkles on each tire, is this normal or is it bad?? Thanks

2. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Are the wrinkles vertical running from the rim to the tread? This wrinkles are sunk in and NOT buldging out, correct?

If so this is normal, these are seams where the belts of the tire carcass are over lapping. The sidewalls stretch when inflated everywhere but these over lapping points. Here the tires sidewall is basically double thick and resistant to stretching creating a crease.

FYI - I know this because I sold tires for several years.

3. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

As long as the tires are giving you a stable and comfortable ride, then you should be OK, but if you start having tracking or vibration problems with your tires then the wrinkles can be a sign of sidewall tread separation. If the tires are giving you problems, and you have a Road Hazard Warranty, then you can use the sidewall wrinkles as an argument to have them replaced under that Road Hazard Warranty, or even the tire manufactures warranty.

4. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

They havent effected the ride any nor have I felt any vibrations so I guess it is ok. I have seen other tires with them so I think everything is ok. Thnaks yall /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif