Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

wrongful murder conviction

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 76zimmer, Mar 9, 2007.

1. 76zimmer

76zimmer Flyin Rat Premium Member GMOTM Winner

After the last couple of sex offender threads, and the ensuing discussions, I watched 20/20 tonight and they had a woman on there from Illiinois, who was convicted of murdering her 10 yr. old son in his own bed, with her own kitchen knife. She was divorced, and her ex was adamant about her being the murderer. She was adamant about someone killing her son, and that she broke up (to late) the attack, and the killer fled, after removing a mask and exposing his face to her. After a hasty crime scene investigation the Prosecuting atty. decided she was guilty because who would come into a random house, with murder on their mind, and use an on scene knife to do the killing then expose himself before fleeing? Well the jury found her guilty, and she pleaded she was innocent, her lawyer not allowing her to take the stand to testify, after she insisted.
    So while the original trial was aired on 20/20 years ago, a writer who was making a book about a serial killer, was in contact with a death row serial killer who had killed about 50 people, mostly children. The writer asked him about someone being killed and the trial was on TV, so he asked the writer if it was on Oct. 13, the day the boy was killed. She said it was, and he said it was him, that killed him. Two days later he killed a 13 yr old girl in Missouri. Oddly enough he had killed other kids the same way. So the Mom had sent letters to many, begging for someone to take her case, and a group of lawyers who deal in wrongful conviction cases, took the case, pro-bono, and with testimony from the serial killer, she was freed after a second trial.
    Now I'm wondering if the serial killer had been put to death, the Mom would have been locked up innocently for 65 yrs. Obviously an injustice. I think this is a rareity (or is it)? Oh and the prosecuting atty. still says she is guilty, and left the courtroom before verdict was reached after 10 hours of deliberation.

2. burban89

burban89 1/2 ton status

I would respond, but at this point Zim I cant take all that in right now.:D

3. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Diemutha****erdie!

4. 76zimmer

76zimmer Flyin Rat Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I understand Craig (mr american idol):bow: :bow: