Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WSJ, Anyone see this article?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ntsqd, Oct 29, 2004.

1. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

"Wish you could see the full-page ad in the Wall Street Journal on Oct. 26. The top of the page shows a crowd of people with the question: "Can't get Flu shot?" Then "Thank the trial lawyers....and their best friends in Congress: John Kerry and John Edwards".
    "We once had 7 companies - now only one - because the trial lawlyers crippled them with billion dollar lawsuits. Recently, Bush and Congress tried to shield them from frivolous lawsuits, but the trial lawyers (the number one special interest contributor to the Democratic Party and some Republicans, too) strong-armed their friends on Capitol Hill to kill the legislation.

Then the page shows a list of 244 names of those who voted NO and their campaign donations. There were 10 Republicans and 2 Independents. Those who received more then a million dollars: Barbara Boxer,Joe Lieberman(2,091,778),John Kerry(21,781,719),Harry Reid(NV), Hillary Clinton(2,698,697), Chas. Shumer(2,283,499), Tom Daschle(1,751,862)."

2. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Good post. There is a common misperception that the Democrats are for the little guy and the Republicans are for the special interest groups. The facts tell a different story. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

AHh bummer, I knew I should've kept grabbing the office copy on my way out at night...

4. semper-k-five

semper-k-five 1/2 ton status

i tell ya man!! it's crazy how much faith Demos (kerry,edwards) can have that the typical American will believe every word spoken without doing any of their own research...I truely feel that's why the Demo party is primarily made up of Minorities, the Poor, ect ect. Those are the folks that are least likely to do any actual research behind their vote...just turn on the boob tube...listen for a few catch phrases....Then have those phrases emphasized by others of their lazy kind and by god, it's the truth!!!

Off to the polls i go!!!!!!!