Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WTB 2WD steering box for core / bracket for PS pump that uses O-rings

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by keith, Oct 13, 2002.

1. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

Located in Atlanta. Need these ASAP. The bracket is actually different between the old and newer style. I don't know the cut off year though.

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Give me a ring. I think I got the PS Pump stuff your looking for. Pump is good but the resivior is screwed up. It has the bracket still on it.

3. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

That would'nt be my old one off the 2wd would it???

Depdog

4. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i have a good 2wd steering box in central IL though,.
    35 ?

5. Grim-Reaper

Damn it Dep I need to go dig around the garage and see if I have two pumps. Did that box still have the pump on it? I really don't remember and it's up under my ponitac (I think) After talking the Keith it seems I have the wrong bracket on my 79 (explains why I cant keep the belt tigh)t. It's pouring down rain right now. I'll try to see if I have that box. I really don't remember if I have one or two. I may have threw the one with the bad reservior out.
    I have way to much junk floating aroud and don't know what I have anymore LOL. Finnaly started throwing out some of the stuff off the 85 engine that I couldn't give away for shipping.

6. Depdog

I know what you mean. I tossed or gave away stuff and then later could use it for a spare or to fix what broke. I have the pump and box off of the CUCV on the K5 now. Trying to work out a spare.

Depdog

7. Grim-Reaper

Well you were right , I have the pump from the 77.
    If you recall that truck did not have A/C. The bracket is totaly different. It has a single groove pully on it also. Looks like on the Non a/c truck they mount the pump higher up off a different mounting point. It does not appear as though it will work since your running a A/C pump still. The pully offset looks WAY different than the A/C version. The pully groove is looks like it could stack on a A/C version. There is a good 2 inches between the inside of the pully and bracket. On a A/C version there is maybe 3/8's gap. I think the crank pully would have to be changed and that will loose you the groove you need to run the A/C compressor. Looks like they ran a single belt judging from the offset.

8. Depdog

Well nuts on the bracket, if yer not gonna use it, I could use the resevior off of it. Let me know dude. Have you heard from Keith, he called me last night on the way to the Hospital with the wife and soon to be other child.

Depdog

9. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

keep in mind that 79 was lasy year for flared style fittings on p/s, and 80 was first year for O ring stryle. i have 82, 86, 83, SBC p/s parts all over here...

good luck
    Randy

10. Grim-Reaper

Sure. Remind me about it next time we are going to meet up and I'll bring it to you.

Haven't heard from Keith. What hospital where they going to? I'll try to call up there and see how they are doing. She was due this week as I recall so pretty well on time.

11. Depdog

Don't know what hospital, I left a voice mail for him at home. Hopefully he will call me tomorrow.

Depdog