Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

wtb: 3/4 ton GM axle set with 4.10's or 1/2 ton with 3.73's

Discussion in 'New England Region' started by yunit, Feb 2, 2006.

1. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

let me know.

Pete.

2. 88sub4x4

88sub4x4 1/2 ton status

What are you using these for?

3. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

On my diesel K5, I need a steeper gear, the axles currently have 2.73's and I need to do 90 for the truck not to be a dog in OD.

Also, looking for a cheap or free YJ or TJ too. I have the complete drivetrain from my Jimmy that I want to put into a lighter & smaller vehicle then a K5.

4. hack500

hack500 1/2 ton status

I have a SF14b w/ an eaton(gov-lock) and 3.73's that you can have for free if you feel like driving up into mass. to get it. the only thing is it's been sitting for about 2 years.

I had the 10b front that matched it but in order to clean up some it got disassembled and tossed. I tried giving these away before but people were too far away and nobody needed 'em locally.

5. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

too late!

I junked the 14 bolt SF out of my 74 K20,along with the matching 10 bolt with 4.10 gears last june.,and both were tight and quiet!:( .I thought of keeping them,but they were pretty heavily rusted,and I was being pressured to clean up the yard..would have made getting the truck to the crusher more difficult too with no axles,and I would have lost $$$ on the weight..so off they went,and now I wish I had them!..several people PM'd me about the 8 lug outers after the went,and I could have used the 10B front axles from other trucks I had that I scrapped too, on other projects..but I needed cash bad,and had to clean up around here..too bad you didn't need them sooner!.