Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WTB 4.3 oil filter hardware, everything that bolts to the block

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by azblazor, Apr 20, 2005.

1. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

WTB - 4.3l oil filter hardware, everything that bolts to the block that holds the filter. I'm changing a S10 4x remote filter back to block mounting.

Thanks
    Mark

2. azblazor

to the top. anybody with a junked 4.3?

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

should be able to use from any v8 or straight six engine block too

goo dluck

4. azblazor

I thought so too, but my parts book has a different number for the 4.3 stuff. Thanks for the idea though. I just found the stuff for sale for $20 - i just have to drive an hour there and an hour back.

5. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I saw a whole Astro with a 4.3 running and clean on craiglist last week for 9 bills had to go :D

6. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

The ONLY part that you need is a oil filter nippple that threads into the block. It has oil filter threads on one end and threads that match the block on the other. It is NOT like the small blocks with the adapter held in by the two bolts. The block does have two threaded holes, but they are only used with the remote oil filter adapter. The part is available at the dealer for a few dollars. I don't recall the part number. I do have one, that I keep around for priming the oiling system on the 4.3L motors in my 4X S10 fleet before installing them because they are sooooo difficult to install with the clutch asm requiring more space than is available.
    You should be able to call a competent GM parts guy and request one for a 2x with a 4.3L. If you are in a pinch, or for some reason it is a special order, you can use the one I have, and I can pick up another one as I am not using this one and hope to not use it for a loooooong time. It has had a few filters threaded on it for priming purposes, but has never even been heat cycled as it was soley used for priming the oiling systems on the engine stand.
    Let me know,
    Nick

Last edited: Apr 23, 2005
  7. azblazor

Nick,

Well thanks for the information. I had thought that all I needed was the pipe nipple thing - but then I could not remove that piece from the remote assembly. I went to my illustrated parts book and it clearly shows an adapter with the nipple between the oil filter and the block. I assume it's the bypass system? But to be fair my parts book is for the full size 4.3 - but I would not think that part would be different between a S-10 and FS.

Thanks for the PM. I'll give you a call tomorrow sometime. I seem to remember that you are the connector king. I need the weird connector to the knock sensor on a TBI SBC.

Thanks

Mark

8. azblazor

Paul,

Whats the craiglist?

Thanks

Mark

9. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

interesting..

there was a whole astro here a few blocks away with receipts on engine rebuild on the 4.3 in it and they wanted 500 and no one would take it so it went to shredder, they tried ot sell it for over a year.. the only thing wrong with the whole van was door handles broken on outside, and thats all! good van otherwise,

4.3 and such go to waste around here all the time, nice ones,,
    well everything does, or it will jut sit and sit, cuz no one will give anything for anything, doesnt matter what it is,

good luck