Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WTB 69-72 Chevy/GMC Cab and Long Bed

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by lukefalls, May 24, 2002.

1. lukefalls

lukefalls 1/2 ton status

I am looking for a clean long bed for a 71 K1500, so just about any long bed from 67- 72 will work. I may be interested in a non-A/C cab as well if the price is right. Hopefully I will find one in CA somewhere, but Nevada and Oregon may work too.

Thank You

2. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

I have A 70 rolling chasis in Colorado for 350 bucks. (2 wheel drive)

John

3. lukefalls

lukefalls 1/2 ton status

How is the bed and cab? Is there any rust or dents? In particular, how are the rockers? I am in Sacramento CA, so I would need to find a way to see them and/or get them. Do you have pics? I am very interested and could possible drive there and get them. I found Arriba and it'd take me a few day to drive there, but that is why I have a truck...to drive! Thank You.

4. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

I have a '71 longbed, AC, K10 longbed.
    It had a frame-off and paint (5 years ago). Sky blue.
    NEVER WHEELED since frame-off.
    Perfect GM ROCKERS! (not aftermarket crap!)
    Tilt column.
    4" lift
    NEW 33" tires,
    44 front, 12 bolt rear. Fresh 350 motor, great th350/203. Main tank, two saddle tanks,
    new 4 core radiator,
    new brake vaccum,
    new master brake,
    new proportioning valve, new lines.

It needs front and rear chrome bumpers. Right now it has a bent up matte black front, and a construction style diamond plate rear bumper.

Black and Yellow license plate.

Best of all, I am in SACRAMENTO!
    But I think I want more than you want to pay! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

5. lukefalls

lukefalls 1/2 ton status

Topoff, I am interested in the truck! I am always looking for people to wheel with in Sac also. Where do you go? I am also trying to do a Hydro swap, but I have a bell with a sllave mount on it, though my cultch now rubs the housing so I don't know what to do next. I may make a bracket for my old one. What did you do? I tried to look at the pics, but I couldn't see so mcuh. I am currently in LA, but I will be in Sac in a week or so. I have some questios for you if you don't mind, could you call 916-968-4398 and I will talk to you ablout the truck.
    thanks

6. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

My neighbor has a '69 long bed c-10 complete except for an engine for $500. The body is in pretty good shape, some rust on the floor boards and evidence of bondo on the drivers side rear pilar between the door and the back window. It has a TH375 tranny in it (don't have a clue why someone would put that in) and it was a SB 350. The cab is an AC cab. PM me if you want me to take some photos and/or give you his phone number.

7. lukefalls

lukefalls 1/2 ton status

I have no idea how to PM you, but I ma interested in pics if you got 'em. Thank you
    Luke

8. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

9. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

I will setup some pics.

I would REALLY like to get ~5k for it. I had over $8500 invested in parts alone.../forums/images/icons/frown.gif

But I actually don't like the truck. I LOVE my Blazer.

G/f LOVES the truck... BUT she won't drive it.. so I am out to sell it! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Hmmm everyone seems to be able to see my Hydro conversion stuff... let me know if it's still not working.

TO