Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WTB: 87 and up sub

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by 84CUCV, Dec 17, 2005.

1. 84CUCV

84CUCV 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Would like a auto and a 3/4 ton 4x4. It can be a basic model. thats fine for me. Would love a 1 ton sub. Diesel would be good too. let me know what you got. Pics and specs to: chevycucv@comcast.net

thanks mike

also, i am in NJ but willing to travel for the right truck.

2. 84CUCV

Nobody. Anywhere has one for sale?? Must be at least one.

3. azblazer

azblazer 1/2 ton status Premium Member

well....kinda going to be for sale...just not yet.

We have a 90 V2500 burb. Bought it on the cheap two years ago as it had a knock in the motor...had i driven it on the street during the test drive i would have caught the trans issue also...

Anyways....it has a year old by the vin gm crate 350 in it...the dead planetaries in the TH400 made room for a TH475 from a dear freind in az. I benched the NP241 and inspected all of the guts and resealed it. Had the driveshaft recut as it looked a lil short and had new joints put in it and balanced...new rotors and pads up front last year along with rear shoes. New shocks...balljoints...tie rod (drivers side) ..gear box...draglink....

Silver on red..bone stock tires on bone stock wheels with those nice 90 gm hub caps...just put a new speedo in the truck as the trip meter died on the old one...this last summer i replaced most of the a/c system...ie: comp-cond-rear blower motor and expansion valve.

It still has a few issues it needs before sale like a new paint job as it is flaking because the previous owner had a buddy do it and allthough it looked like a diamond i think he short cutted the prep work or didn't use the same brand chemicals when he painted it. It also has a vibration at freeway speeds i need to look into as i thought the reworked driveshaft and the new 241 tail housing bushing would cure. I haven't rotated the tires to see if its a tire issue but in the spring when it warms up i'm going to open the rear 14B SF and check the rear axle shafts and bearings since they are like a 12B set-up..plus i'm going to pop out the carrier and pinion to inspect the bearings as the driveshaft angle is right on. I'm also going to have a spring shop install new spring bushings in the front springs as there is a noise up front that wasn't cured when i rebuilt the front end that had 2K + miles on it.

She has every option but the rear door window defrosters...the rear heater is currently pulled as the lines to it were rotted out and the case is damaged. I just found a complete gm kit on ebay for $125 but the wife said she really didn't need it.

Other than that she is in excellant shape...better than any other you'll find out there. With my new job in the oilfield we are making alot more coin than after ten years with frieghtliner so this spring when the house sells we are going to buy my wife what ever she wants new. leaving us with 5 K5's and a burb we really don't need. I was contemplating dropping in a 454 tbi set-up as i have towed several k5's between phx and colorado and she has a good suspension to handle the load but i feel she needs a lil more poop to get up the hills.

let me know what you think..

Doug W.

4. 84CUCV

anyone else????

5. fireplug

fireplug 1/2 ton status

Is Toronto too far?