Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WTB piece of k5 bed metal in AZ ASAP

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by 73K5Kid, Dec 11, 2004.

1. 73K5Kid

73K5Kid 1/2 ton status

Anyone in AZ have a 73 and up k5 bed that they have cut up. I am looking for a 12x12 piece. I need this to cover a hole after I change my sending unit. I was starting to change my sending unit but do not want to have to drop the gas tank. So I am going put bedliner on this piece then screw it down way easier. Thanks Please call 602-332-7011 looking for something in the metro phx area.

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I work in a sheetmetal shop so I can get you a piece of sheetmetal to cover your hole. Tell me the exact size you need and I will cut you a piece of 22 gauge on Monday. You will have to pick it up from my place though. I live in Central Phoenix.

Harley

3. 73K5Kid

73K5Kid 1/2 ton status

Hey Harley,

A small 12x12inch would work perfect. I can pick up.

Thanks Again
    Mike

4. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Do you want the piece to be the same thickness as standard GM sheetmetal? I believe that is somewhere around 22 gauge, or thicker or thinner? I can make it from anything from 28-16 gauge (lower number=thicker). My steel is mostly galvanized steel. It will hold spray paint OK but not great. Galvanized uses a special primer (zinc something) to get paint to hold to it well. As long as you are not looking for show quality sparypaint ususally will be fine on straight galvanized.

Harley

5. 73K5Kid

73K5Kid 1/2 ton status

Harley

Standard gm sheet metal would be fine. I just need something to cover up the hole. I want to place the sheet metal inside the hole and screw it down. Then I want to place a piece of bed from another truck or k5. So If my unit ever goes out again it will be an easy replacement. I just want to keep the elements off the sending unit wire.

Thanks

6. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

I had several pieces of the corugated (or whatever you want to call it) bed bottom but hauled it for scrap. I don't have anything left. Too bad you didn't need this about 6 months ago, I had tons of the stuff...