Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WTB PS cooler hose?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by kickinasphalt383, Jul 11, 2002.

1. kickinasphalt383

kickinasphalt383 1/2 ton status

I am trying to install a Flex-A-Lite PS cooler (same as trans/engine cooler) and the hose that was provided is not long enough. so i went to 4 auto parts stores to find a hose. they have the correct I.D. hose but the auto parts hose is not as thick. can i get away with using the thinner stuff or do i have to find the thicker hose somewhere? and if so where?

2. Russ1020

Russ1020 Registered Member

I did the same thing with a trans cooler from an automatic on my power steering also. I ran the parts house stuff, from the low pressure side of the steering box through the cooler, then back to the return side of the pump and I have never had a problem with it. I also like the extra capacity you get. Hope this helps.

3. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

Use Fuel Injection hose. This is rated from 40 to 80 PSI. Regular hose, (I think) is only rated to 20 PSI.

Steering fluid catches fire whe splashed onto headers...
    I saw a bronco do this on a hilll....