Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WTB: TBI Fuel Lines

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by corradofreek, Oct 31, 2006.

1. corradofreek

corradofreek 1/2 ton status

Looking for some TBI fuel lines for a 1988. THe line that is needed is the feed line from the fuel filter to the TBI. I know that is two lines. Or, does anyone know if i can use SS braided fuel line to make the run?

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

same flare and nut as gm power steering hoses. just check to seee if nut fits filter. or get repair line ends for the fuel line at napa or others. then use high pressure fuel injection rubber hose and some high pressure clamps.

3. corradofreek

corradofreek 1/2 ton status

will the oring from the ps line hold up to the gas, or do i need to change it to the brown nitril oring

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

i have run both with no problems before. i dont need to buy the lines. i can take and make the flares for the oring on any 5/16 and 3/8 line. and if need be for flex i will ise some hp fuel hose with hp clamps. i just put a small bubble in the end of the line to keep the hose from ever thinking of poping off.

5. jays68yak

jays68yak 1/2 ton status

I have the stock braided lines that run down to the frame on my rig. I will be taking them off shortly to put on full AN fittings and lines. If you are interested in my old lines drop me a pm and we can work out the details.

6. Col_Sanders

Col_Sanders 3/4 ton status

I sprung a leak right where the SS went to the hard lines. Had to make a quick fix so I cut the hard line and used SS braided all the way up to the TB since I couldnt find any stock ones at local junkyards. I am using 2 hoseclamps on each end and havent had any problems. You can buy the SS lines from Summit. I think 10ft and some hp hoseclamps was around 30 shipped. Spectre is the brand.