Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WTB: Tie Rod Sleeve & Jack.

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by czd3my, Nov 26, 2006.

1. czd3my

czd3my Registered Member

My 88 Jimmy has some odd tied rod that attaches from the left knuckle to the right knuckle. It is made with the left tie rod part of the complete rod over to the right adjustable tie rod. I want the type that has the two replaceable tie rods and the adjusting sleeve in the middle. Make sense? I can't find the center tube/rod at the local auto parts stores; anybody have a good used one?
    Also, I want to find a good working stock jack for this thing! Need the crank rod also.

Let me know if you got anything...
    Thanks!

2. NEK5

NEK5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

i still got that jack....:D

3. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

You have just described a stock tie rod for our rigs. If you want the short TRE's with the threaded center link then that is a custom part that many vendors here sell. I bought mine from WFO but ORD also sells them as do many others. You're going to spend close to $200.00 for the complete setup.

4. czd3my

czd3my Registered Member

4X4HIGH: That is strange! I have looked around and all I can find for my 88 from the parts stores is just the two short ends. Even LMC's catalog shows that it should be that way but they show the 80-86 to have what mine has.

BIGBLAZE: If you still have it I'll but it, I just didn't want to sound like I was giving you a hard time. My ZIP is 74804 if you want to find out what shipping would be or I can find out if you give me a couple measurements and your ZIP.

Thanks!

5. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

What you have on your truck was the style typically found in the 70's. Your best bet for a correct center rod will be found in the wrecking yards as it is considered a non-wear part and auto parts stores don't sell it.

Aftermarket vendors sell beefed up versions of this tie rod though. But you will spend more than you need if you only need/want a stock part.

6. czd3my

czd3my Registered Member

That's my problem; I've searched the few local salvage yards but haven't come up with a four wheel drive with this part on it...hoped someone here might have one sitting around...