Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WTB: WINCH FOR CAR TRAILER (IL)

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by 4bynut, Nov 27, 2004.

1. 4bynut

4bynut 1/2 ton status

I'm looking for a winch for my car trailer. I'd prefer a used one in good shape w/remote. I also would like it to be within 50-100 miles so I can pick up. Thank's Jason. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

You can build one out of a windshield wiper motor. Yep, its true. As long as all 4 tires have air in them and its in neutral it will pull them right on with the proper gearing which just amounts to sprockets on the motor and a bigger one on the drum. Friend of mine did it and it works slicker than snot.

Not exactly the info you were looking for but thought it was worth a mention.

3. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

4. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

He drives truck these days so between his schedule and mine I don't see him much. Run to the junk yard and find a used motor and take a look at it. I bet you can figure something out. I'll try to look at it again when I get over there but no idea when that will be.

5. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

Ok I just been trying to figure out how he attatched a spool for the cable.

6. 4bynut

4bynut 1/2 ton status

Thank's for the idea, but I'm not looking to build my own. Anyone have one for sale? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

7. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

checkout homier discount tool, they have an off brand 8K lb winch for $399 and they have those self recovery winches (the one with the clip that you put over the ball and run a cord to a cigarette plug) for $59.99

Friend of mine welded the clip for the winch to the front of his trailer so the winch is removable.