Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WTC Memorial

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ruthven13, Sep 11, 2004.

1. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

They have the lights shining up from the Trade Center site tonite. Was down the street contemplating the world situation while gazing into the Twin Towers of light shining up into the sky. Remembering that three years ago I was standing on the very same spot watching them burn. Imagining what was going on only 10 miles from where stood... The memory seemes as fresh today as it was on that one fateful morning. September 11, 2001. ANother day which will live in infamy.... Never Forget

2. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Seeing those lights must be a tear jerker /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

3. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

Just reminds me of seeig the smoke from the burning ruins everyday as I drove to class, work, or just out of my house. I shed a tear today. I hope my country joins me.

4. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I shed a tear today. I hope my country joins me.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Don't worry Brother We're all in this together.
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

5. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

Thank you. I know how much this meand to our beloved country. I do feel kind of like it affects those in the immediate area even more. Liek 6 degrees of seperation. Only around her od is more like 2 degrees of seperation from someone who died that day. My girlfriends uncle was one of the few who died in the first attack. And now as a teacher she had 4th grade students who lost parents because of this. God blees America and let us triumph over terrorism, both foreign and domectic.

6. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

That must be something to see, in person.

There is a 9-11 memorial here in San Antonio. It is located right down the highway from my firehouse. last year, when it was erected, they called our station to be there for the dedication on 9-11. One guy from the engine, and one guy from the ladder truck, climbed the ladder and lit the eternal flame that burns at the top. They invited us back this morning for the memorial. I say "they" the memorial is located near a church. They had planned to build a park near the church for the members to enjoy... but after 9-11, the members of that church chose to build a memorial for all who were lost on 9-11-01, and make it open to all. It was a nice service, and a very "giving" gesture on thier part. I really like the fact that it's near my station. there has been many a night that we have passed by it on the way back from a fire... and it reminds me how lucky I am, that I'll be going home to my family when my shift is over.

In Oct of 02 I had the honor of attending the FDNY "medal day" at madison Square gardens. It was the first "medal Day" to be held since the attack. I had an even bigger honor, of being one out of 50,000 firefighters, to carry one of the 343 US flags in the march to the Gardens. Marching down 8th Ave, in Manhatten, behind the FDNY emerald society pipes and drums, honoring my fallen brothers, is something I will never forget. My only wish, is that it could have been for a happier occassion.

To my brothers everywhere, stay low, and stay safe.