Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WTD: Wiring Diagrams

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by zach78k5, Apr 7, 2001.

1. zach78k5

zach78k5 1/2 ton status

If anyone has wiring diagrams could you scan them and send them to me or something. i am installing a keyless starter and am having a hell of a time figuring out what wire is what. i bought a chilton but it sucked. i would greatly appreciate any help.
    ebezach@att.net

2. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

What brand of remote starter are you installing?

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

3. Goose

Goose 1/2 ton status

I'll get them sent to u. It will be 5 pages and include from front bumber to rear bumber and everything in between.

(edited): I'm having trouble with my scanner software and have to reload it all. Hopefully will get it done and everything sent by 3:00pm cst.
    [​IMG]

4. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

I searched high and low (including asking on this list) for wiring schematics for my 89 TBI 350 (engine and complete cab harness) plus my 85 CUCV chassis to help out with merging the two sets of harnesses and eliminating unnecessary "stuff". I didn't have any luck at all with online resources and finally went down to the reference section of the main downtown library here in Phoenix. I finally found most of what I needed but unfortunately they were missing the diagrams for those exact years so I was only able to get the engine/cab harnesses for a 90 C/K series truck and nothing on the 85 CUCV chassis. I made copies of what I could find and I've been using that so far. I still don't know if it all worked out since I am still missing some of the fuel system pieces but I'll find out soon.

Anyway, that might be worth checking into if anyone needs that kind of stuff. The main Phoenix library has a complete reference section full of all sorts of automotive stuff including Haynes, Chilton, and factory service manuals. Unfortunately for me, the ones I needed were missing but there is lots of other stuff on AC, Vacuum systems, Emissions, etc. If you have a large public library near you, you will likely be able to find similar stuff there.

Bad Dog

85 K30 CUCV, 350 TBI, TH400, NP205, D60/C14, 4.56
    Coming soon: 4" lift, 40" tires, massive cutting, shorter wb and rear overhang.

5. zach78k5

zach78k5 1/2 ton status

It is a Crimestopper 900. i got it off of ebay for like 50 bucks. i bought it for my moms explorer but anywhere that installs them charges the same to put this in as to put thier own in with install. i didnt want to try to understand the 99 explorer so i am putting it in my truck. since i have it i may as well.

6. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

That might be an idea I'll have to check into. I'm looking for wiring info on my 89 K5... I just pulled all the gauges and installed VDO's.

Jeff