Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WTF, 205 leaking thru front yoke nut

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by LKJR, Apr 6, 2003.

1. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

my fixed yoke 205, on a 71, it appears to be leaking thru the nut on the front yoke, anyone else seen this problem. it's not a small little grease stain it's a drip. (found after I've pulled front driveshaft) also which side of the adaptor (350 auto) is the seal on, or is there seals on both sides of the adaptor to the tranny.

2. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Don't you hate it when you see someone replied to your post, but when you read it, its totally worthless?? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. K5BLT4FUN

K5BLT4FUN 1/2 ton status Premium Member

My original '72 205 front output did this as well. When I changed the fluid in it, I merely removed the front output yoke and then cleaned it up. After cleaning it I ran a large bead of silicone on the inside of the splines of the yoke and then installed it. This seemed to do the trick. I ran it like that for at least 4 years before I had to remove the yoke because I broke it. Hope this helps.

4. captain chaos

captain chaos 1/2 ton status

yep, clean it up real good and put silicon around it.
    oil is running by the splines.

dave