Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! back on the soapbox again

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jjlaughner, Apr 15, 2004.

1. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

[​IMG]

I just got my license plate renewals in the mail today and they have SKY ROCKETED! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

Last year I paid like $45 to plate both my 87 Blazers. THis year the excise tax is tripled and there is a $15 wheel tax /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Its going to cost $130 FRIKEN BUCKS /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif <font color="red"> WTF </font>

This $h!t is getting out of control, no jobs or low payings ones, high taxes, insurence is goings up /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif What the hell are we suppost to do /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. gm4x

gm4x 1/2 ton status

Welcome to Indiana my Hoosier friend /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif. We're the 2nd most Insurer "friendly" State there is, and we hire thieves at the BMV's (fact!) /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif. They know we gots no choice...it's all about the $$$ /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif. Do like I'm doing, taking my gripes to the Statehouse. You have a State Rep for your district.....become his best friend. Call him, email him, write him, complain to the newspapers &amp; TV stations. If people make enough noise, they'll HAVE to be heard. /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

I'll stand on the damn soap box with you. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif I'm getting treated like $hit by this state myself. On top of what you're going through, the state's allowed the Incurance companies f**k me right out of business /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif.

Fisrt chance I get, I'll move out of this "septic tank" of the US. /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

3. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Ya lucky bastard! It's costs me ~150 clams to register my K5 and my wagon....every year /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

4. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Just did the K5.....$63.48....same as it's been for years....

Boat Trailer is $58....but I use that plate for my other utility trailer also since both are registered as shop made...

Vette is about $61...

Wife's 05 Altima is good until May of 06, but it will be about $65 also....

Plus $30 inspection each for 3 vehicles...

If ev erybody rode bicycles, they'd find a way to [darn] ya on that also....

Figger I'm glad I don't live in Kalifornia ...

5. evilk5

evilk5 Registered Member

Classic plates on the K5 for five years and no emissions

$150.00 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

6. jjlaughner

[ QUOTE ]
    Classic plates on the K5 for five years and no emissions

$150.00 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

A couple more years and I'll ask about that here /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. kombi59

kombi59 1/2 ton status

I pay $65.00 for two years plus $20.00 for the FireFighter plates. no emissions /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif so all is still good in Yuma. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif but my wifes 2003 VW Passat is $480.00 a year so they get me there /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif such a ripoff.

8. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Yup Govt gets bigger all the time. As much money that goes into fuel taxes, wheel taxes, registrations and such, we should be driving on internally heated, babys a$$ smooth roads without the need for anti icing agents that eat our vehicles.

What does it work out to be, like .25 cents on the dollar we get to keep????

9. jjlaughner

[ QUOTE ]
    Yup Govt gets bigger all the time. As much money that goes into fuel taxes, wheel taxes, registrations and such, we should be driving on internally heated, babys a$$ smooth roads without the need for anti icing agents that eat our vehicles.

What does it work out to be, like .25 cents on the dollar we get to keep????

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah and someone said they are talking about making interstates toll roads or some [darn]! We should have autobauns everywhere /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

10. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Figger I'm glad I don't live in Kalifornia ...

[/ QUOTE ]
    Well I'm glad I dont live in Texas.
    I pay.
    $37.00 For the Blazer.
    $116.00 For My 96 1/2 ton.
    $106.00 For My 88 1 ton crew cab.
    $67.00 For My 76 3/4 ton.
    I don't have to do any inspections or smog checks other than when I first put a vehicle in My name. I would say it's pretty damn cheap 3 out of 4 of them being commercial vehicles.

11. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I cannt beleive they raised the tab fees in Oregon recently $30 for 2 years with no inspections or emissions testing in Oregon (as long as you dont live too close to Portland). This is getting outrageous. Now I wont be able to afford to license all 15 of my trucks this year /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

12. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    What the hell are we suppost to do

[/ QUOTE ]

Vote the losers out of office........

13. tucsonkfive

tucsonkfive 1/2 ton status

24 duckets a year here in sunny AZ. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

14. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status