Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WTF!!! engine decoding HELP!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by seslick77, Mar 11, 2002.

1. seslick77

seslick77 1/2 ton status

Ok, STILL haven't figured out what engine I got!! So far all I know is that its an 87 block....Looked up engine code also from front of engine, it wasn't listed on any site on the web!!(apperently they all get they're info from the same place cause they're all the same, word for word)

Heres the numbers from the front: V0114FBM, and the partial VIN: CHF131658
    Oh, I did find this # stamped on the rear main: 14088557

Heres the casting #: 14093638 And the Heads: 14102193

Somebody's gotta know where to find this!! Help is very much appreciated!!!! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Sam

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

3. seslick77

seslick77 1/2 ton status

Great, thats what I was afraid of, damn roller lifters!! Really jumps the price of the rebuild kit up!! That 400 is lookin like the way to go!! Thought buildin the 350 would be cheaper, NOPE!! Oh well maybe somebody will want it. Thanks for the help! Sam

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Well, looking at that listing, I couldn't tell if all of them are roller lifter or not, since if it was a truck block in '87, it wouldn't have rollers.

Whats wrong with a rollers anyway? The beauty of them is that if they aren't damaged, you can reuse them, unlike flat tappets. I would *hope* that it had rollers if I were you. Nothing like free power! Hell, you can re-use the camshafts as well I believe, and if you look on Ebay, you will see tons of '87 up roller stuff going for cheap, because most people (like me) need to get the roller retrofit stuff ($$$) and the newer stuff won't work, so its not in real high demand. I don't think a replacement roller cam (around $180) is all that much more than a standard cam/lifter setup in some cases ($80-120 normally) and with the performance gains, its worth it, especially in the trucks.