Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WTF, Fuel line 1988 K5 Blazer

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jjstime, Mar 26, 2005.

1. jjstime

jjstime Newbie

I removed the fuel line from the TBI to the main gas line. This is the half steel braided and half tube line about 2.5 feet long with the fittings on each end.
    Anyway's the line had a leak in it, freakin kid took it off roading and ran over a tree, so it needed to be replaced.
    Tried all the local parts stores and no one has it. Guess I have to try the dealer
    unless anyone knows where I can get one ??

Peace,

jjstime@hotmail.com SD, CA
    1988 Chevy K5 silverado Blazer 4x4
    This is also for sale

2. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

used or new..

Other than a dealer,a junkyard used one is the only source for a lot of GM EFI fuel lines thatI know of..bring vaseline to the dealership...I bought the steel/rubber crimped lines for a customers truck that ran from front to rear,it was 211 bucks and change!:mad: yours might cost less,his was a pickup truck...

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I don't know that anyone makes one, but if you could find a female to female adapter for GM fuel line fittings (Saginaw?) most GM cars and trucks of the late 80's and 90's use similar braided line to the throttle body, only difference being the length, unfortunately length difference doesn't seem to be but 2-4", and they are fairly short, maybe 1', but if you could combine two, should be pretty cheap.

Just an idea, go to the local wrecking yards, look at the EFI GM cars/trucks, and see what you can come up with.

4. bagged beast

bagged beast Registered Member

If the fitting is still good you can get away with cutting it and flaring it with rubber line. TBI setups are only running 12-14 PSI so rubber would work just fine. As for the fitting dealer or junkyard

5. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

Mine was leaking for about a year right onto the exhaust :yikes:. Mine had rusted out from the inside....stooopid rust. Anyways, I picked up another one at a junkyard, and it works great, cheap too!

6. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

I'm running close too 35 psi ( estimated ) with rubber hose double hose clamped to the inline pump. works great and no leaks. I took some vice grips clamped it onto a flathead screwdriver and tightened the piss out of it.

7. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

35 psi in TBI ? why ? thats alot,,.

is your regulator on the tbi even more than stock ? if not then theres no point in 35 psi ..

personally i would just make the piece of line/hose, it wouldnt be hard, just sit and look at it and think about it for a minute, youll see how to do it :D

at the worst you would ned tube cutter, some clamps, double flaring kit

its all very inexpensive. and nothing HAS to be stock/factory, sometimes you have no choice but to fab something up, its juwst how it is sometimes..

good luck

8. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

not trying to hijack but its a holley tbi that comes with the adjustable 11-22 psi regulator... but i was told if the pump's psi rating is significantly higher than the regulator all that psi will make its way to the tbi. guess im not really sure how a regulator works... i have one disasmbled in my room but not completly. to me it looks like the spring is the only thing that regulates the fuel... if the spring is rated at 12 psi and you run a 45 psi pump won't it push right through it?

9. loafer

loafer 1/2 ton status

adapter fittings

The fuel line is a dealer part and it costs about $55.00.

Russell makes adapter fittings to go from the metric Saginaw style fitting to -6AN (3/8" JIC) from there you can convert to whatever you want.

The supply line fitting is Russell part # 648060 (16mm to -6AN)
    The return line ritting is Russell part # 648070 (14mm to -6AN)

Or check this link, scroll down to the bottom of the page and look under power steering addapter fiitings:
    http://www.russellperformance.com/auto/hoses/pf_steer_hose_ends.shtml
    Summit Racing has these fittings in stock.

Another useful resource for fittings is http://www.fittingsandadapters.com/
    You can get JIC fittings here.

Make sure you don't use standard automotive 45-deg flare fittings with the Russell adapter fittings. The -AN and JIC flare fittings are 37-deg flare not 45.