Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WTF is goin' on here?? Xfer case pic..

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mofugly13, Oct 11, 2004.

1. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

WTF is goin\' on here?? Xfer case pic..

My brother in Oregon is looking at buying a '78 K10 with a swapped in 454 and 42" boggers. He know nil about trucks, so I told him to test drive it and take some pics, specifically the driveline. One of the pic's he sent is this one:
    [​IMG]
    WTF?? Is that a 205 with a SYE kit, but whats up with the ujoint yokes stickin out there???

I told him to throw $1500~$2000 cash at her and see what happens. Apparently theres a lot of little fixes to be made, like the one in the pic, and like putting three more bolts in the steering box to frame holes. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif He was all scared to maybe go for it. I told hi "Chevy's are cheep to fix, and parts are everywhere!" Little does he know.... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

Re: WTF is goin\' on here?? Xfer case pic..

[​IMG]

is that the rear or front drive shaft? looks like the stock front output flange and the stock CV but the H yoke is missing? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

3. mofugly13

Know what? I don't know. I know that it is missing the front driveshaft, which is why I told him to take pic's of the xfer in the first place, so I could locate a shaft for him. But he did send a pic of the front pumpkin from behind, and there is clearly no d-shaft there. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

4. big83chevy4x4

the way the crossmember is close to the driveshaft and on the wrong side of the crossmember to be the rear, makes me think it is the front.

also the rear IIRC is 32 spline and the front should be 30 on the 205, the front flange on a 208/241 is 32. so maybe its possible to put one on the rear. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

5. mofugly13

AHHH....Just took another look at the photos he sent, and saw this one:
    [​IMG]
    Looks like a shot from the front, busted CV, I can't understand why, the thing only has 12" of lift. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif So, can anyone ID that transfer case for me? Is that an SYE kit? I have a 203, so I am not sure.

6. big83chevy4x4

its hard to tell, but by the bearing retainer its a 203 or 205 /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

7. mofugly13

DAMN LITTLE BROTHER! UNABLE TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS!! /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif I told him to take pics of the xfer case from the REAR! /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif I hope he buys it!

8. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

looks like a 203 juding by the distance from the front yoke to the crossmember
    I hope he didnt pay too much for that POS if he did buy it
    that is definitely a 'sheneeda'
    plenty of oily looking stuff on everything