Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WTF is this little box thingy?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fortcollinsram, Apr 23, 2002.

1. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

What is the box thing on my firewall with the athletic-looking tape around it...? I have not looked to see where it goes (my truck in 80 miles away on stands) but I was hoping someone would have a quick answer...

Chris

2. fortcollinsram

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

The one with the wires going into the bottom of it? That's the fuel pump relay. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

4. fortcollinsram

horray..one less "unknown" component in my engine compartment...

Chris

5. HarryH3

By the way, use the jpeg compression feature when you save your pics. It took several minutes for that thing to download over my home connection. It's 619KB. I opened it, saved it at a quality factor of 50 and it reduced the size to 145KB. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif I can't tell the difference between the 2 pics, but the latter one would use a lot less of Steve's bandwidth to download.

6. fortcollinsram

Sorry man...I never think about compression of stuff b/c I have the huge pipe here at school...When I do my window's update, it downloads at like 2.5mbps...crazy fast...I will keep that in mind though in the future...

Chris

7. HarryH3

I hear ya. I'm on a wicked fast connection at work. But I can't connect faster than 24.6K here at the house. The phone lines suck. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif But I was thinking more about Steve's bandwidth. The more we use, the more he pays. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif So everytime someone looks at that pic, they use up 619KB. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif It's amazing how much jpeg can compress some pictures before you notice any degradation.

8. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

It is definately the Fuel Pump Relay. The red wire with plug on the end is the fuel Pump Prime circuit.

9. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

DAMN! Have you ever wheeled that thing?! It's soooo clean! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

10. fortcollinsram

I took that picture back in November, about 3 weeks after I bought it...the previous owner NEVER took it wheelin'...and I am pretty good about keeping it clean as I HATE working on a dirty truck...I am not as bad as my friend (roommate) Mark, he washes his truck as least 3 times a month, and it has nver been on anything more than a dirt road...