Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WTF is up with gas prices???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by shewheeler, Mar 18, 2003.

1. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

I know this has been beat to death already, but geezus! I paid $2.14 for 87 this morning and the guy at the gas station told me that by the end of the week, it'll probably be up to $2.80 or $3.00. I'm gonna have to take out a second job just to pay for gas to get to the first job! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

This sux... that is all /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

It's called "Our government officals don't pay for gas, so they don't give a crap and are probably getting kick backs from the gas companies so we are being screwed but they don't care.... why should they care, they have us by the lower regions so to speak...." /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

3. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

Yeah there gonna be real hard to figure out now, especially since oil went down three bucks a barrel today. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

4. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

Spokane WA.
    Reg.$1.80
    Mid.$1.90
    Prem.$1.99
    Diesel$2.00

The 454 I put in last year, does'nt use anymore than the 350, but, enough is enough!

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

5. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Hey I spent $57,000 last year for fuel and to date of this year I've already spent more then a third of that, when it should be less then a quarter of that. Sheesh it's gotten so outta control that I parked my Freightliner 2 weeks ago. It's cheaper for me to stay at home and not work then it is to work. Kinda liking it, kinda not. Anyhow thats how high prices are effecting me and mine. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

6. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

I don't wanna hear no WHINING! You people wanted this war and now you have it and all the crap that goes with it. That includes high gas prices, loss of some freedoms and just maybe, just maybe I say, the lack of the Accademy Awards! Geeesh what will we ever do if we can't see the stars get a cheap trophy for making millions doing nothing??? I'm so sad.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    You people wanted this war

[/ QUOTE ]
    I do believe you should be directing that comment to one Mr. Saddam Hussein, that's if you can find him these days. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

And before you go off on a tangent, remember these numbers, 12 years, 17 resolutions.............

8. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Not so bad here, I drove my wife to the airport this morning, 6am it was 1.73 for 87, 1.85 for 93 (I think, might have been 1.89).
    What am I saying?? 1.73 sucks, too!
    I had $3 in my wallet on the way to work the other day, and the K5 started doin' the "I'm hungry" lurch on left turns and hills... I stopped and got my $3 of gas, and it lasted to the train station, then back to the gas station when I goin' home...

9. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

Spokane Wa. today

Reg.$1.80
    Mid.$1.90
    Prem.$1.99
    Diesel.$1.93 /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

10. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Hey at least the stock went up today and the price of barrels dropped 20%. Not bad considering everyone knew we'd be kicking some a$$ later today.

11. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

It alway's happen's that way. the U.S. goe's to War, the Economy pick's up, Crude go's down. Figure that crap out? Hmmmm /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

12. johnnieg

johnnieg 1/2 ton status

About 2 wks ago it took $40.00 /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif to fill up the Blazer and on a student budget that really sucks.

13. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    About 2 wks ago it took $40.00 /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif to fill up the Blazer and on a student budget that really sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's over $65 to fill up here with a 31 gallon tank on E.... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

14. JeremyK5

JeremyK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Well I feel real lucky then. Here in Indianapolis,IN gas prices dropped the past few days down to $1.59 as of 2:00am last night. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

15. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

The 80 has two 22 gallon tanks.
    Last night I paid by credit card and had to restart the pump! Pumps around here automatically shut off at $50 when paying by CC so you don't get screwed if the machine screws up. Both tanks had some fuel in them, and in the end it was still $70+ to fill. It would have been less, but with the compression in that motor, I have to run 94 otherwise it pings like crazy (I could retard the timing and run 89, but even then when warm it pings).

16. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

Been driving my Cavalier everyday to work etc...(1/2 hour commute) It's great on gas, thank god. Saving me some $ this way.

17. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

$35 to fill up my VW... /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

35$ to fill up the V.W.? Now THAT'S bad!

19. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

In the Merrill-Lynch daily report (financial analysis) they stated that crude oil has dropped to $28 per barrel (down from ~$40 a week ago), which should be reflected in about a $.30 per gallon drop across the United States. Should start seeing in by the end of the weekend. Good thing my Peugueot gets good mileage!! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

20. 87GMCJimmy

87GMCJimmy 1/2 ton status

Gee can't wait to fill up the burb.....44 gallon tank x 2.00/gal ========= crap....

mike