Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WTF is up with the Iron Cross??????????

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Nov 23, 2003.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

It's gay, it's German and it sucks!!!!!!!!!!

WTF does everyone and their mother have to have one these days????????????????

I guess since it's the symbol of a bunch of fawking losers who do nothing more than start wars and get their asses kicked for it, then I guess the whole f'n world is full of losers.............

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Ok, the anti searching post was cool, but this one just canceled that out...

3. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

yes loosers that follow fads. They all saw jessie james and he had one so everyone is like "WOW hes cool I need one of those."

Fads r stupid
    Nick

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Yeah, I agree. Jesse James is a punk.

5. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

I like jessie james. I love monster garage and he builds some bad @ss bikes, but I wouldnt buy something becasue he had one.

Nick

6. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Yeah You see them on cars truck and bikes clothing and tattos. Must be a buch of Losers like You said. I belive "Maltese Cross"(sp) is also another name for the POS. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    It's gay

[/ QUOTE ]

negative ghostrider.

[ QUOTE ]
    it's German

[/ QUOTE ]

this part is right...

[ QUOTE ]
    and it sucks!!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

not really, kinda a cool lookin medal IMO. Way better than those gaudy 6" wide russian sun-burst lookin medals their generals always have.

[ QUOTE ]
    WTF does everyone and their mother have to have one these days????????????????

[/ QUOTE ]

i cant even remember the last time i saw a real iron cross... lots of replicas and pics and crap, but a real one? neither me nor my mother has one.

[/ QUOTE ]I guess since it's the symbol of a bunch of fawking losers who do nothing more than start wars and get their asses kicked for it, then I guess the whole f'n world is full of losers.............

[/ QUOTE ]

first of all, Germany didnt start WWI... serb-seperatists did. WWII... japan was in china etc way before germany attacked the low countries / France... and really, can we blame them for wanting to kick france's azz? I mean, who doesnt??!?!?!! In any event, one scary thought for the day... many of hitlers goals were/have been achieved by the germans. main goals: removal of jews from german lands... check. germanic economic hegemony over europe... check. germanic political control of the continent... only a matter of time... what you think the EU is all about?!

the ovens may no be operational, but Europe is still anti-semitic as hell... its the main reason they continue to support palestinian terrorists.

In any event, in modern war germany is the 2nd most kick butt country ever. The US is #1. 2 out of 200+ countries isnt bad... its like stratego though.. if ur the #2, steer clear of #1. lol!

j

8. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    In any event, in modern war germany is the 2nd most kick butt country ever. The US is #1. 2 out of 200+ countries isnt bad... its like stratego though.. if ur the #2, steer clear of #1. lol!

[/ QUOTE ]
    Please explain how Germany is #2. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif
    How many tanks, fighters, carriers and troops do they have as compared to the United Kingdom. As a matter of fact do they even have a navy?

9. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Please explain how Germany is #2.
    How many tanks, fighters, carriers and troops do they have as compared to the United Kingdom. As a matter of fact do they even have a navy?

[/ QUOTE ]

i belive he ment as far as history goes. germany and her allies were doing pretty well there in WWII before the US got involved.

i agree with bubba thou, the iron cross has become icon of posers everywhere

10. jekbrown

english expeditionary force vs germans in 1940. Not good, and at that point of the war, the allies had the heavier tanks.

We all know the ONLY thing that saved the limeys from the germans in WW2 was the channel. If england was connected to the rest of europe, blitzkrieg would have rolled them just like they did france.

england is a good ally and are definitely battle proven, and they have a great navy... but come on, they are #4 at best.

j

11. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    i agree with bubba thou, the iron cross has become icon of posers everywhere

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. How the heck did this become a friggin WW2 discussion? We all know that Europe and the people that reside in Europe just really suck ass these days, well except for Britain, Poland, Italy..........That's the only ones I can think of that have sense God gave a mule these days................

12. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Bubba, you haven't seen the OU Sooner's Maltese cross that copies West Coast Choppers yet, have you? They're all over out here /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

John

13. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Bubba, you haven't seen the OU Sooner's Maltese cross that copies West Coast Choppers yet, have you? They're all over out here /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

John

[/ QUOTE ]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... not us too. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

14. jekbrown

[ QUOTE ]
    Thank you /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. How the heck did this become a friggin WW2 discussion?

[/ QUOTE ]

iron cross is older than WW2... in fact it goes all the way back to 1813 and the wars with napolean. In any case, you're right, "old europe" sucks. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

in my defense, you dont really say what ur talking about in your initial message. In later messages I assume you were always talking about guys with iron-cross-like tats... but you didnt say anything about tats or whatever in that initial post so i figured you were talking about the medal...

j

15. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Thank you /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. How the heck did this become a friggin WW2 discussion?

[/ QUOTE ]

iron cross is older than WW2... in fact it goes all the way back to 1813 and the wars with napolean. In any case, you're right, "old europe" sucks. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

in my defense, you dont really say what ur talking about in your initial message. In later messages I assume you were always talking about guys with iron-cross-like tats... but you didnt say anything about tats or whatever in that initial post so i figured you were talking about the medal...

j

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't care less if it was designed by Ivan the Terrible, the fawking thing is getting used more than a $20 whore at port call and I personally think, due to my prejudice against the master race and Europeans in general, the fawking thing is gayer than a queer at a latex pants convention.

As for the OU logo being disgraced by being put on the stupid thing, if I see one when I'm out there in two weeks, I may have to whup some ass over it /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

16. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I won't even bother reading the post because I'm sure I'll lose my temper. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif I'm extremely PROUD of my German heritage- proud enough to have a German Eagle tatooed on my right shoulder. In fact, the Iron Cross is the next one I'll be getting(between my shoulder blades) along with my family motto: "Fear not the Beast".

FWIW, being proud of being German doesn't mean you believe what Uncle Adolf did was right. That's like saying because you're proud of the U.S.A. you condone what you're country did to it's Native population.

I'm actually surprised this post came out of your mouth, Bubba. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

17. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    I won't even bother reading the post because I'm sure I'll lose my temper. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif I'm extremely PROUD of my German heritage- proud enough to have a German Eagle tatooed on my right shoulder. In fact, the Iron Cross is the next one I'll be getting(between my shoulder blades) along with my family motto: "Fear not the Beast".

FWIW, being proud of being German doesn't mean you believe what Uncle Adolf did was right. That's like saying because you're proud of the U.S.A. you condone what you're country did to it's Native population.

I'm actually surprised this post came out of your mouth, Bubba. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

As explained in my PM, it's mostly intended as a joke.

My basic premise is along the same lines as the Confederate flag thing, if it's not a part of your heritage, not fly it, wear it and don't imprint something you think that is cool onto it, aka West Coast, Orange County Choppers, Mad4wd.com, Blue Torch Fab....................................

[ QUOTE ]
    That's like saying because you're proud of the U.S.A. you condone what you're country did to it's Native population.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now I may actually piss some people off with this comment, but some of that was necessary and if you really want to discuss this, then you better be up on your history as much as me............. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. jekbrown

[ QUOTE ]
    I won't even bother reading the post because I'm sure I'll lose my temper. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif I'm extremely PROUD of my German heritage-

[/ QUOTE ]

have to agree with canmore. My great great grandfather was a German Baron... and "brown" used to be "von Braun". Nothing wrong with being german and being proud of it. Adolf Hitler was 12 years of rule out of a 1000+ year history of a culture. He brought great ruin upon germany and, because of that, he sucks... but that DOESNT take away from the other 988+ years of non-nazi history... which includes a LOT of great art, scientific achievements etc etc etc.

germany has had some messed up leadership from time to time and they have done some messed up stuff, but we have a similarly shady past (slavery, indians, dropping nukes etc). Dont get me wrong, Nazism was absolute evil incarnate but our history is far from squeeky clean.

j

19. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Wait a sec, wasn't Adolf Austrian?

Chill guys, just yanking some chains.......

Even though I've never tried it, I hear there's some good beer over there /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. jekbrown

born in austria, but germanic all the same. Interesting note... most school history books like to say that germany made a hostile take over of austria before WWII. In some ways this is true... BUT, after WWI the austrian people overwhelmingly voted to become part of germany when the austro-hungarian empire decintigrated. They werent allowed to because the french/english wanted a SMALLER germany, not a bigger one. At any rate, the idea that austria was "skulldugerously seized by nazi goons!" isnt exactly accurate.

j