Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WTF is up with these Reporters

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 88Silverado, Apr 8, 2003.

1. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

I just need to blow off some steam. I was just watching CNN and they are all talking about the Reporters that were killed or injured when the US hit the Hotel they were gathered in. This reporter said "The US told us not to be near Bagdad but thats TOO BAD!! Its our Privlidge to be there reporting the news! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif She then says, The US said they had sniper fire from the Hotel, non of us reporters heard any and even if there was, the same type of (caliber) of bullet should have been returned, nothing more!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    Are these people F*#k*$g STUPID!! Theres a War happening and if they dont want to potentially be killed get the F^$k out! There aint Noooooo way any of our forces should be put as risk for a G*D D%*M Reporter!

I think a couple of GBU-27's up their Ass is what they need.

Sorry, needed to vent but these stupid morons are really getting on my nerves!

Long live /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

haha

I was thinking kinda the same thing as you today.
    I was like "If these reporters know we're bombing Bagdad, What the hell are they doing in bagdad! They're asking to get killed."

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    non of us reporters heard any and even if there was, the same type of (caliber) of bullet should have been returned, nothing more!!

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

"Saber 6, this is Saber 2. We're taking sniper fire!!!!"
    "Two, this is Six. What caliber was it, over?"
    "Saber Six, it was 155mm rounds!" The reports of 7.62 can be heard in the background.
    "Are you sure Two? I only hear small arms fire over."
    "Six, this is Two. That's affirm on the 155mm."
    "Hellfire Six, this is Saber Six. Fire mission. Sniper in building. Hotel Sierra 13920304. Fire for effect."
    "Ah Saber Six this is Hellfire Six. Confirm fire for effect?"
    "Affirm. We are taking One Five Five mike mike over."

The next day at the news briefing....
    "General, Tom Fawkchop, United Press."
    "Yes Tom."
    "General, yesterday; after the Army agreed to our pleas to answering sniper fire with an equal or lesser caliber round; a unit engaged a sniper using an artillery battery. The battery fired over 100 rounds into a small, two story building to terminate the sniper. How do you explain this General?"
    "Well Tom, I'll explain it to you this way. If I wanted to kick someone's a**, let's say some dumba** reporter's a** named Tom from United Press, there are two ways to kicking your a**. The first method is to be nice and take my time doing it using nothing but open handed slaps opening myself up to retaliation from yourself. Or method two, I could use, let's say the butt of my M-16 assault rifle and my combat boots and be done with the job in let's say, you are pretty much a candya** so I'll say it would take me 3.4 seconds while keeping my personal well-being safe.
    'Now Tom, do you see my point?"

4. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    "Saber Six, it was 155mm rounds!" The reports of 7.62 can be heard in the background.
    "Hellfire Six, this is Saber Six. Fire mission. Sniper in building. Hotel Sierra 13920304. Fire for effect."

"Yes Tom."
    "General, yesterday; after the Army agreed to our pleas to answering sniper fire with an equal or lesser caliber round; a unit engaged a sniper using an artillery battery. The battery fired over 100 rounds into a small, two story building to terminate the sniper. How do you explain this General?"
    "Well Tom, I'll explain it to you this way. If I wanted to kick someone's a**, let's say some dumba** reporter's a** named Tom from United Press, there are two ways to kicking your a**. The first method is to be nice and take my time doing it using nothing but open handed slaps opening myself up to retaliation from yourself. Or method two, I could use, let's say the butt of my M-16 assault rifle and my combat boots and be done with the job in let's say, you are pretty much a candya** so I'll say it would take me 3.4 seconds while keeping my personal well-being safe.

[/ QUOTE ]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. 88streetblaze

88streetblaze 1/2 ton status

HOO RAAHH..... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Since I forgot my call for fire procedures and you're the resident expert in these matters, was I close?

7. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

Close enough for me /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    However, I think:
    "Two, this is Six. Your clear to Level the building" /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    "Two, this is Six. Your clear to Level the building"

[/ QUOTE ]
    Can't do that these days. The radio traffic is monitored. Learned that while I was OPFOR at NTC. They told us to quit bouncing onto BluFor's nets so much cause of all the grief we were giving them. Didn't stop me from bouncing my old unit's Logistics Net one day to talk to my buddy acting as the Company XO. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Fire for effect

[/ QUOTE ]

Everybody hold on to yur Beers!!

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

You forgot the spotter round...and adjust...but maybe your better than me.

BTW notice that its the Marine RESERVE in east Baghdad /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

No armor just reserve grunts. Why'd it take 70 + tanks for 3rd ID to go in? huh huh /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is real war like NTC where you can just look at your MILES and get an 8 or 10 digit grid from that? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Now that I think back to the call for fire class we just did last month, you have a table of numbers and letters. They will say "Affirm" and then a letter, and you have to go to the one right below it in the chart to get them to fire after you call in the fire mission. As for whether you're good enough that you have to do one round at a time until you call fire for effect, who cares, it's Iraq, they're all targets anyway. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    No armor just reserve grunts. Why'd it take 70 + tanks for 3rd ID to go in?

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Because the 3rd ID has all those tanks, why not use them?

2. Have you seen Blackhawk down? That's what happens when you go into a city without armor.

Then again, it doesn't seem they're putting up much of a fight at all. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

13. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

"Yes Tom."

[/ QUOTE ]
    LMAO /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

Thats why i stopped watching the Communist News Network aka cnn because they suck.And they like to make it seem like everything we do is bad.Ive been watching the Fox news network and they are way better.And they are for the war.They also get way better pictures than the cnn.

15. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    GPS and GLID...........Besides, the words "fire for effect" gives me a woody. 'Nuff said.

[ QUOTE ]
    BTW notice that its the Marine RESERVE in east Baghdad

[/ QUOTE ]
    That's because y'all need the Reserves to go fight.

[ QUOTE ]
    No armor just reserve grunts. Why'd it take 70 + tanks for 3rd ID to go in? huh huh

[/ QUOTE ]
    Well, I could "shock and awe" ya with explanations, tactics and graphics. I could tell ya that because mechanized warfare looks a lot more glamourous and brings in higher ratins for TV. Nope, not gonna throw out a line of BS. The reason why used all those tanks is this, I'll borrow the line from the motto of one of my former units, the 9th United States Cavalry, "We Can, We Will." /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

16. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    Is real war like NTC where you can just look at your MILES and get an 8 or 10 digit grid from that?

[/ QUOTE ]
    You have to be kidding, now you can get grids off the fawking MILES gear? Well heck, I guess in another couple of years, no soldier will know how to operate a map and compass and will carry a fawking case of batteries for all these foofaw gadgets. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif